The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Goal 170# 10%BF

Goal 170# 10%BF

not sure if I'm doing this right....but here goes....Goal 170# at least 10%bf or better.....trying something new (to me) ABCDE Program (bulk 2wk-cut 2wk ect.) will try and post as much info as possible with current stats...

CURRENT STATS: 164# 19 %BF
    age 33 5'10.5" married with 3 boys youngest 6 wks old...so sleeping will suck for the next few months...

diet is something like min of 3500 cal and 280 (or more) pro

routine :
    Mon- back & tri off Sat & Sun
    Tue legs
    Wed off going heavy with 6-8 reps
    Thur back & Bi
    Fri shoulders

Mon was great....diet and routine was right one
    Tue suck got called in at 3am and worked a 12 hr day not a good day will start again tomorrow

bye for now

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Just wanted to say good luck, and we both have similar goals!

i did ABCDE once for about a month a few years ago. i didnt get too much out of it, but then again it was only a month.
    heavy metal music is destroying my brain

Thanks....did you follow the plan to the "T"....why do you think I do not work for you.....from what I've read you can gain up to 10# in 2 wks....just curious....

Re: Goal 170# 10%BF

Originally posted by JIG
    not sure if I'm doing this right....but here goes....Goal 170# at least 10%bf or better.....

routine :
    Mon- back & tri off Sat & Sun
    Tue legs
    Wed off going heavy with 6-8 reps
    Thur back & Bi
    Fri shoulders
    I suspect you made a mistake in your routine and wrote back twice. Did you intend to say chest & tri on monday?

Good luck with your goals. I am also trying to reach 170lb at a certain % body fat.

Originally posted by JIG
    Thanks....did you follow the plan to the "T"....why do you think I do not work for you.....from what I've read you can gain up to 10# in 2 wks....just curious....
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...ighlight=abcde

I posted some old threads relating to the ABCDE diet that I think you should read. I personally don't put much stock in it and I definitely don't think you can gain 10lbs. of quality weight following that type of diet.

I think a more traditional diet that contains periods of gaining weight and losing weight works the best. Basically focusing on increasing LBM for a while and then focusing on cutting bf.

Best of luck with your goals

10 lbs in 2 weeks is not it.. im pretty sure its more like 4-5 lbs.. but you see eating mega amounts for 2 wks for sure will add about 3lbs lbm and 1lb fat, then in the 2 wks after when you realy restrict youll lose say 3lbs fat and 1lb muscle, i have noticed when i go really heavy eating its about 2-3 weeks it feels great.. then i just dont want to eat anymore, and the same on a restricted calorie after 2-3 weeks im fine and then get really hungry, some people it will work for, some it wont, i personally havent really followed it to the T, but i'll be checking in here to see how it goes

much luck! oh and what nationality are you? i have a little theory about this diet working for only certain types..
    excellence is the result of caring more than others think is wise, dreaming more than others think is practical, and expecting more than others think is possible.

good luck!
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

aka23 your right my bad...monday should read chest vice back

bradley thanks...I read those threads plus some on a modified version call delta 1250

kook I'll take 4-5 # its more than what I have gained in the past few months....also hispanic

from what I have read you get your most gain on your second bulk cycle....that is what I'm hoping for....not sure what kind of gains until I try it....will keep you all posted....if it works will post some pics at the end....

Good luck JIG!

"damn...can't beat logic like that.
    NAte is exactly right." - Tryska

welcome, and good luck!
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble

time 10:30 am....up to 1221 cal and 108 grams of pro....feel a little bloated...

sleep last night not good...my 2yr old woke up at 11 and stayed in bed with us kicking my back all night....then my 6wk old was up at 4am....weight and bf did not change today...I didn't think it would....work is slow today....looking forward for squats today!!!!

your weights at 164 right now, have you had a hard time gaining in the past? i mean have u usually had a quick metabolism, all i'm thinking is that 3500 cals might not do it, find out after a week how things are going, if you didn't gain then go to 4000
    excellence is the result of caring more than others think is wise, dreaming more than others think is practical, and expecting more than others think is possible.

Kook.....the article had this ...(bw)164# x 12 = 1968 + 1500 = 3468 on a good day following my menu I should hit 3973 cal with 338g protein...carb 456 and fat 191....

I have had problems gaining in the past but It's due to lack of knowledge....not enough food or training...or even overtraining

Like everyone else trying to find the right formula to have some good gains....thanks for your input....will take all I can get....

Shoot higher

yesterdays diet total....
    pro - 364 seems kinda high
    carbs- 378
    fat - 81
    cal - 3626

will looking to upping my intake....

training...was great...seems like I could have gone longer but didn't want to hurt myself....

sleep was normal....10pm- 3:30am baby woke up was able to manage 30 mins before my alarm went off at 5.....

bw was 165# : )

diet for 22may03....was good:
    cal - 3677.7
    pro - 311

could use more water...but I don't think my body could handle it with all the food....and shakes....

workout was back and bi.....hit more bi (lacking there) not enough energy due to the lack of sleep.....

sleep was better....slept on the sofa....wife got mad but she will get over it....It was her turn to feed the baby....

bw 166# and bf 19%....have gone up 2lb so far (COOL)

just a test.....trying learn....
    Attached Files Attached Files

u my friend eat lots of protien, i am jealous! can't wait to see if the ABCDE works for ya
    "Don't take life too serious, you'll never get out alive."-Van Wilder

thanks AdamGberg I try....whats worked for me is I sat down and figured the foods I would be able to eat daily....so for so good...

for 23May03
    cal 3602
    pro 286....to low

workout was great had to rush cause wife and kids were coming home early
    mil press, side lat, t-rows, arnold press and shrugs

bw last night before bed was 169# with 19% bf (wow)
    but this morning 167# with 21% bf...guess I made some fat last night (just my luck) but it goes with the diet

I like my numbers at night....when is the best time to check am or pm....hmmm (have been going with the am number)

today is Saturday and my diet goes to s**t....plus out of milk and eggs...not good....

the stone cold stunner Ironman8's Avatar
    I know I'm a little late, but good luck man
    You kill me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize....

geez where to start....its Monday morning....drinking my cup of coffee.... first in a week....home for the holiday....this weekend was shot diet was not even close....sleep was a total of 7 hours (fri 4-sat 3) last night was better 5 on the good side of things....did yard work.... house work...plus chase the dogs and kid all weekend......I was at 167.5 # and 20 BF....don't know how ....eating almost 4000 cal for a week made me hungry all weekend.....I ate what/when I could.... almost out of whey protein...have to wait and see if my shop is open before I use it up...need some for tomorrow(for work).....today is a chest day...might have to send the wife and kids shopping....can't wait to go to work....back to normal....gotta run baby crying....

not enough sleep....was up at 1 am to feed my baby...then could not fall asleep again....then my other boy woke up in all maybe 3 hrs sleep...

diet yesterday was off due to no whey shakes...

chest and tri workout was great...had plenty of energy but workout was over 1 hr long...due to my sons and dogs running around....(home gym)(damn holiday) should be back to normal today....

BW 168# (+4 since I started)
    BF 19% (same since I startd)

yesterday 28May03 was an off day...diet was on over 3700 cal need more thou since my bw is going up....sleep was off again woke up at 3:15 was back in bed by 3:45 (baby feeding) then could not fall back to sleep...total of 5 hrs

last night bw 170# 20%bf (this is always better at night)
    this morning 168.5# 21%bf

4 more days on my bulking phase....have to say getting tired of eating....How much BF can a person lose in a week???? have to do some research....

today is back and bi

all day yesterday...had not desire to consume any food.....nothing...didn't have dinner....not sure if its my body saying thats enough or what.....forced myself to eat tho....today same problem...with my weight up to 170# and 21% bf...I think thats enough and time to cut...will start this weekend (maybe)

I have to say my workouts were better...I felt stronger and was making improvments in my lifts....but my pants do fit tighter in the waist line....thats why I feel enough is enough....plus I'm still sore from tri which I hit Monday....not enough of something....still going for my goal....170# 10% bf.....I know it takes time and hard work.....

total of +6# in 12 days.....and 2%bf....next cut "BF"

good luck with w/e you try to do. do you have any current pics?

maybe you are just gaining too fast. maybe if you slow down a bit and try for .5-1 pound gains a week you wont gain BF as fast?

also, how often do you weight yourself? and is it at the same time, place, etc.?
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble