Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good breakfasts on the run

Big

Good breakfasts on the run

I'm starting work in a couple of days in which I am out the door really quickly and have no more than 5 minutes to make my breakfast. I know many of you are going to say "wakeup earlier" but for those of you that aren't going to say that.....what's an easy breakfast to make in 5 mins, and even possibly be able to bring to my car. Thanks(I'm bulking if that helps)

Just get a weight gainer shake. Blend it up, pour it a cup and go.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Get yourself some protein bars unwrap it.......breakfast is served.....also as someone pointed out to me there are recipes to make your own....no bake,no fuss in the recipes section.....instant oatmeal and couple scoops of protein.....nuke the oatmeal....add in the protein all in less than 5 mins.....don't recommend trying to eat it in the car......dried oatmeal on clothing is going to draw some real wonderful comments from your co-workers....good luck with the new job.

Cereal or maybe make a sandwich the night before. Can you eat at work?

Hardboil a few eggs a day or two beforehand, let them cool, then peel the shells off. Put them in a little bag and eat them on the way to work along with some fruit- EFA's, protein, and carbs, a complete meal. Or a natty pb sammich on WW bread (or two), another complete meal, but has less protein than the eggs.

toss some oats, whey, natural PB, and water in a blend. blend on high for a few seconds. and pour the liquid in a container. very quick, very easy, tastes good
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble

Omlets nuke good. Also get past the idea of breakfast foods. Have burger.
    I used to have a protein shake and a bagel. I could eat the bagel while driving.

the stone cold stunner Ironman8's Avatar
    How about prepare a natty PB sandwich the night before. Also, I like a bagal with cottage cheese. You can also prepare a tuna sandwich and eat it the next morning
    You kill me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize....

Big
    Thanks for all the ideas......will use them for sure......anyone else disgusted by the taste of a protein shake right when you wakeup? I did that for about 1 month last summer......but anyways.....there enough carbs in a protein shake to be able to call that "breakfast?"

Also, how about some MRPs?

it depends what the protein shake is made out of. if its just whey and water, then no IMO its not enough carbs.
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble

Originally posted by GhettoSmurf
    toss some oats, whey, natural PB, and water in a blend. blend on high for a few seconds. and pour the liquid in a container. very quick, very easy, tastes good
    I tried this ....tastes great, very good breakfast (though I substitute milk for the water).

I put oats, bannana, pb, milk and raw eggs or protein powder. It will fill you up and has everything.

What I did was
    weight gainer
    banana
    protein bar
    eggs.

Not all the time all items.
    Usually 2 or 3 of the above mentioned.
    Not lately though.
    Train.

Originally posted by SwoleCoon27
    anyone else disgusted by the taste of a protein shake right when you wakeup?
    Not really. That's my favriote part of the morning

Nlarge is a tasty shake Does it have too much sugar for a breakfast?
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

yeah, NLarge2 has a lot of sugar. thats why its prolly best PWO. but if you were to take it during the day, breakfast would prolly be the best time IMO.

my breakfast(less than 5 minutes to prepare):

2 slices whole wheat bread, 1 slice = natty peanut butter, 1 slice = 100% simply fruit strawberry spread, put both together, natural PBJ!!!! 0wned!
    and then I chug:
    2 oz Skim Milk + 4 oz pulpless 100% Orange Juice + 1 scoop vanilla whey shake those in a shaker then add 2 ice cubes = 1 DAMN GOOD Orange Julius Protein Shake.

might not be good breakfast for you guys if you limit your sugar intake, but I need some sugar in the mornings to get me through school.<~~ 2 more early release days left baby!
    My profile picture is about 5 years old, I'll get around to taking some progress pics eventually.

Originally posted by Y2A
    Does it have too much sugar for a breakfast?
    Apparantly, since your glycogen levels are depleted after sleep, morning would be the best time to have sugar.

Originally posted by Ironman8

Apparantly, since your glycogen levels are depleted after sleep, morning would be the best time to have sugar.
    Sleep depletes glycogen

since when?

i dunno, i kinda disagree. i'd stick to low-GI carbs all day except for PWO.

Originally posted by bradley

Sleep depletes glycogen
    Well, people say cardio in the morning is too catabolic, due to depleted glycogen levels.

Well, people say cardio in the morning is too catabolic, due to depleted glycogen levels.
    Exercise depletes muscle glycogen not sleep. Although liver glycogen will be depleted by the ovenight fast and blood glucose levels will be low.

If you want to read more about morning cardio the thread below is a good read IMO.
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...ghlight=cardio
    Last edited by bradley; 05-24-2003 at 04:46 AM.

Ohhh, so it's liver glycogen, not muscle glycogen, that get depleted during sleep. I get it now, thanks Bradley.

Also, it that why you shouldn't do cardio on an empty stomach?

Ohhh, so it's liver glycogen, not muscle glycogen, that get depleted during sleep. I get it now, thanks Bradley.

Also, it that why you shouldn't do cardio on an empty stomach?
    I never said that you should not do cardio on an empty stomach. I think it really all comes down to overall calorie balance at the end of the day, so why take the chance that you will catabolize muscle when performing cardio. This is the reason that I do not perform cardio on an empty stomach. If you are a someone who is trying to drop down to a low bf%, then yeah it might help but otherwise I see no point. There are many opinions on this and you can run a search and pull up a lot of threads on the topic.

BTW did you read the thread that I posted?