The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

proposed diet.. what do you guys think...

what do you guys think?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    the Feldmonster
    My online journal

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Mystic Eric
    Wtf?? Aren't you that huge guy? I reckon your body needs more than 1600 cals a day even if you're cutting.

What is your weight, bf%? Need a some more info.

Way below radar
    Somewhere between cognitive dissonance and the egocentric dilemma
    OMG! I'd starve on that...I think you need to eat more, but then as the others said, what are your stats right now?

I could give all to Time except - except
    What I myself have held. But why declare
    The things forbidden that while the Customs slept
    I have crossed to Safety with? For I am There,
    And what I would not part with I have kept.

--Robert Frost

i think i would starve on that diet. Even though i dont know your stats, i think you'll want to eat more
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble

i just checks your stats from the thread w/ your pic. heck man, you NEED to eat more then that! your twice as big as me, and according to your diet i eat twice as much as you!
    IMO you'll lose way too much muscle on a diet like that.

what is your diet currently like?
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble

I wouldnt say the word " diet" and my current eating regiment.. I know i have the genetics to put on mass fairly eaisly.. im willing to lose a couple of pounds of muscle to lose 20-30 lbs of fat..
    Last year i went from 292 to 273 in 6 weeks on a similar diet + carido and weight lifting. I know its WAY WAY to low.. but to tell you the truth.. thats ALOT more "good callories" them im getting right now.. most of my food now consists of crap.

also.. i might substitute low fat or skimmed milk to lower my "fat calories".. 33% fat calories seems a little hight to me.
    d.
    Last edited by White_lightning; 05-22-2003 at 06:44 AM.
    the Feldmonster
    My online journal

the stone cold stunner Ironman8's Avatar
    Why don't you experiment? Like, start at 3000 calories (reasonable for your weight), and decrease until you are losing a pound per week.
    You kill me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize....

Originally posted by Ironman8
    Why don't you experiment? Like, start at 3000 calories (reasonable for your weight), and decrease until you are losing a pound per week.
    where do you get 3000 from?

Here's a suggestion WL. Try logging what you are currently eating at www.fitday.com to give you an idea of how many calories you are eating a day. Then if you have been gaining weight by eating that many calories, try lowering your calorie intake a bit. And then try that for a week. And then keep doing that until you find an intake where you are losing about 1 pound a week.

hmm.. im looking for a little more then a pound a week initial weight loss.. i think a poud a week is fine if you are at 8-10%.. but im a fatty at 30ish %.. a pound a week is WAY to slow.
    the Feldmonster
    My online journal

that diet is way to harsh for someone your size no matter what unless you want no muscle left. The maximum fat loss per week is 2.5 lbs and maintaining the muscle , but even thats pushing it. Ya i know you want the fat to come off fast. dont we all!! Have paitience and work hard at it and you will get what you want but it takes time and dedication. I use this chart for my quantites of food its a good guidline to start with and from there you can tweak it.

lol, thats actually a pretty cool chart.

that chart is telling me i have to have 360g of protine.. or 60 PER MEAL!!!! THATS NUTS!!! i thought the body cant absorb more then 30-40 every 3 hours? or am i smoking crack?.. there is no way in hell i can eat that much crap in a day.. it would kill me.
    the Feldmonster
    My online journal

Originally posted by White_lightning
    that chart is telling me i have to have 360g of protine.. or 60 PER MEAL!!!! THATS NUTS!!! i thought the body cant absorb more then 30-40 every 3 hours? or am i smoking crack?.. there is no way in hell i can eat that much crap in a day.. it would kill me.
    you might be surprised at how many calories you are actually eating. especially since you say that you dont necessarily eat that "cleanly" at the moment. junk food adds up pretty quick calorie-wise.

i mean
    2 double cheese burgers and a large fries might not seem like that much.

but actually thats already ~1500 calories.

i agree 100%.. but eating Crap calories VS eating Clean calories.. im assuming for me to get those calories.. we arent talking about eating 3 big macs
    you realised how much chicken boob i would have to eat?
    the Feldmonster
    My online journal

you realised how much chicken boob i would have to eat?
    so THATS what big-macs and chicken nuggets are made out of!

yeah, i do understand what you mean. i mean i try to eat 3000 some odd calories of clean food and just doing that is a pain in the @$$.

i'd stil say try to eat what you can. and maybe shoot for losing at most 2 or 2.5 pounds a week, AT MOST. believe me man, you dont look that bad in the pics. and excuse the language but you have a HELL of a lot of muscle on ya man. and if you can keep most of that muscle mass while you drop some BF% you will be one seriously good looking beast!

thanks.. now all i have to do is get my fat ass on the treadmill.. my BIGEST hold back is motivation.. i used to move aLOT more weight then i am now.. and had a GOOD consistant training partner.. and well, thats not happening any more.. so im tring to stayed focused just lifting alone...
    the Feldmonster
    My online journal

i agree, finding motivation can be tough, but just think of how ripped you'll be when you drop some BF%. i demand to see pics good luck bro! also, are you keeping an online journal on the site?

yeah.. there is a link in my sig.. i just started updating it again..
    the Feldmonster
    My online journal

yeah.. there is a link in my sig.. i just started updating it again..
    whoops sorry

i didnt even notice

I wouldn't worry about what that chart says. First off the formulas it uses do not account for metabolism, bf %, activity level, etc. Secondly, I don't see any reason to keep protein levels at 1.25g per pound of bw. 1g per lb of bw is plenty IMO.

hmm.. im looking for a little more then a pound a week initial weight loss.. i think a poud a week is fine if you are at 8-10%.. but im a fatty at 30ish %.. a pound a week is WAY to slow.
    Sounds like if you just clean up your diet a little and still eat enough calories you will drop weight at a good rate. The weight should come off easily once you get the diet going strong. Just make small changes with your diet and training program, as I think small changes over time are much easier to stick to than drastic changes made all at once.

the stone cold stunner Ironman8's Avatar
    Good luck White. If you need you more motivation, just post at this board . Everyone around here is awesome.
    You kill me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize....

Wannabebig Member
    You're basically eating the same thing for most of your meals huh...

Anyway, another thing to look at is to take out all that Miracle whip crap. Sub that stuff out with some EFAs.

after you eat ALOT of tuna the miracle whip is the only thing stopping you from going out and sinking all the tuna trawlers
    the Feldmonster
    My online journal

I am curious if you are going to increase your cals over the small amount that you had originally planned. If so what is the diet going to look like?