Thread: Tennis Elbow

Tennis Elbow

I'm not sure if I have this or not but every time I do any kinda of arm extention exercise I get a horrible sharp pain in my right elbow. The pain seems to be focused at the elbow and moving up my tricep for about a half inch, like around my tendon. It hurts when I touch my elbow as well. Any clues on what this might be?

It sounds like your ulnar nerve is inflamed. Does it hurt on the back of the elbow where you hit your "funny bone?" The nerve can get inflamed from extension exercises. For me it's happened because of skull crushers, pressdowns, and doing parallel dips too low. Especially the skull crushers. For me it's gotten better when I don't bend my elbow more than 90 degrees when doing any extension exercises. I drive a lot and I have to keep reminding myself not to rest my elbow on the armrest on the car door. Also leaning on a table with my elbows aggravates it.

Tennis elbow is lateral epicondylitis. You usually feel it in the front and to the outside. Gripping things and hyperextending the wrist make it hurt worse.

Golfer's elbow is medial epicondylitis. I assume it hurts in the front and to the inside, but I've never know of anybody that's had it.

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    I have ulnar neuritis. Ditto to what Delphi says. I'd be willing to bet that you have it, too.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

btw, yes it does hurt on the bottom of my elbow. Yeah I think I got it from doing skullcrushers as well. Should I just take it easy on tris and take some anti-inflammatories?

Thanks for the help delphi and gyno!

Depending on how inflamed it is you may need to lay off extension movements and take aspirin/ibuprofen/etc until it settles down. It really helped me out to avoid starting an extension movement with my elbow at an acute angle- 90 degrees minimum at the start.

ok thanks!