The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: mystery brusies

mystery bruises

This is such a newbie question but it's bothered for a long time. I get these mysterious brusies sometimes on my bis and sometimes on the side of my pecs. I think I've narrowed it down to something I'm doing on chest day. I do the usual stuff on chest day, bench bb and db, and flys, those are the exercises I almost always incorporate. I never remeber that I've been poked or whatever while working out but these little dime size bruses keep showing up. They don't hurt and are no big deal, I was just curious if anyone else experiences this.
    Last edited by runt; 05-24-2003 at 04:30 PM.
    sometimes slowly

My stats:
    Age - 43
    ht - 5' - 7"
    wt - 152 lbs
    bf% - 10.5%
    pipe dream goal 175 lbs @ 10% bf
    making the switch to power lifting

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I get the rare bruise or graze from doing fly's from the pads and quite a bit of marking/grazes under my chest after doing supported bicep curls, once again due to the so called padding....
    I'm not moaning, i'm having an opinion.

the stone cold stunner Ironman8's Avatar
    It's a stigmata!! j/k
    You kill me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize....

Maybe there are just strech marks from growing?

Or maybe you might have a mild pec tear?
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

Ya, are your bruises black and blue, or are they lines on your skin?

if they're red, or just looks like a different shade of skin or sumthin, its most likely stretch marks from growth
    Skillz

They are definetly bruises. Black and blue and round and go away in few days. I have mild stretch marks between my shoulders and pecks so I know what those are. Today is chest day so I'll pay close attention to what I do and see if I get any new ones. I'm thinking J450n83 is right that some protective padding is piching me or something.
    sometimes slowly

My stats:
    Age - 43
    ht - 5' - 7"
    wt - 152 lbs
    bf% - 10.5%
    pipe dream goal 175 lbs @ 10% bf
    making the switch to power lifting

I get them on my biceps sometimes. I have no idea why.
    "damn...can't beat logic like that.
    NAte is exactly right." - Tryska

get these on my legs constantly
    Pup, in reference to me: "he's like Budiak...but worse"

Budiak: "Statistically I've gained almost an inch on my arms...but thats just theory, and we know what theory gets us. Thats right. Communism."

BigChaseyChase: "Cutting, there will not be!"

sir millard mulch: "I could probably punch some chick really hard at this point"

Galileo - "Someday maybe I'll be able to use the big boy weights like RG570."

Wannabebig Member
    I get them across my back when I do bench heavy. And its not circles its long lines from like shoulder to shoulder. And they are black and blue and look like a girl dug them nails in pretty good.
    GO BIG OR GO HOME

I get red marks when I wake up. Don't know how it gets there, but it goes away when I shower.