Thread: Freddy vs Jason

Freddy vs Jason

Any other horror buffs out there looking forward to this movie? I 've been a Friday the 13th fan since I was proabably 8 years old. I know the series has taken a downward spiral in it's last few sequels but there is much life left in Jason. Jason X was a good movie imo, I'm gonna get a lot of flack for that but the reasons I though it was good was, it was different, the kills were awesome and the story all though far fetched was well told for a b class movie.

Freddy Vs Jason is going to be something for the fans, a great scary movie with an awesome story that ties the 2 together. I for one am sick and tired of all these new age horrors ie The Ring, that are not scary one bit. Jason and Freddy are the kings of Horror and there wouldn't be 10 Fridays and 7 Nightmares if people weren't watching.

If you were a fan of either series or like horror movies this one will not dissapoint. The trailor is in theathers or you can see it on FreddyvsJason.com. I can't wait for August 15th!

If you are a fan who do you think will win, The filmed I think 3 or 4 endings for this movie so it doesn't get leaked out. I may be bias here but I'm going with Jason!
    Proud WBBSA member!

"look good for yourself, not anybody else"

"Good Boys, Never Win, Good Boys, Always Follow, Good Boys, Never Win, They All Fall Away, And You Remain"- Blondie

i can't wait for the movie to come out. im a huge fan of horror movies, and the friday 13th and nightmare on elmstreet movies.
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble

Banned
    jason x was interesting as a sort of homage to James Cameron's Aliens movie, and I approved of the use of Canadian actors/actresses... that movie also had some very cool scenes/great lines/etc.

IMHO there's nothing wrong with making a B-movie...

I am greatly disappointed that they dropped Kane Hodder for JvsF though.

I'm way mad at New Line for not giving the role to Kane, he loves playing Jason, he even got "kill" tatooed on the inside of his lip. The guy they pick is way to tall and once again they have broken storyline continuity, he gets tall after getting out of hell but shrinks before being frozen for Jason X. I mean this Jason looks awesome in his own respect but come on, Kane is Jason now.
    Proud WBBSA member!

"Good Boys, Never Win, Good Boys, Always Follow, Good Boys, Never Win, They All Fall Away, And You Remain"- Blondie

I hear the Jap version of the ring was actually rather good

Are they ever gonna make the Alien vs Predator into a movie?

go predator
    Blocka Blocka

I am AMINAL

I hope Jason doesn't start spurting catch phrases at his victims.

I'd personally like to see Peter Griffin pitted against Homer Simpson.

I am also a huge fan of Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm street, although I would say the ring is scarier than any of either series. I just bought the original nightmare on dvd because I haven't seen it for at least 5 years - it's almost laughable the acting is so bad and that style of horror just isn't scary anymore. I guess you grow out of it. Now Friday the 13th still grabs my attetion, it's a little less corny than Nightmare.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

Originally posted by HahnB
    I am also a huge fan of Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm street, although I would say the ring is scarier than any of either series. I just bought the original nightmare on dvd because I haven't seen it for at least 5 years - it's almost laughable the acting is so bad and that style of horror just isn't scary anymore. I guess you grow out of it. Now Friday the 13th still grabs my attetion, it's a little less corny than Nightmare.
    I agree, when I first saw a friday I almost crapped my pants (I was 7-8 years old) I also enjoyed to see some tits. I saw the second nightmare on elm street on vide a few weeks ago and it was sort of funny..all those funny dressed dudes...

Selfproclaimed Fancy Pants wibble's Avatar
    Jason and Freddy kick ass. I like Jason because he's a killing machine and has probably killed more animals than Freddy has killed people. Freddy is cool because of his one liners and slap stick humor. Can't wait to see the two of them go at it!

Originally posted by wibble
    Jason and Freddy kick ass. I like Jason because he's a killing machine and has probably killed more animals than Freddy has killed people. Freddy is cool because of his one liners and slap stick humor. Can't wait to see the two of them go at it!
    Yea freddy is commical in a way. At the end of the first one where they are pulling away from the house in that convertible top comes up and it's the color of freddy's shirt lol. What animals has jason killed besides a dog?
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

Originally posted by Mik
    I'd personally like to see Peter Griffin pitted against Homer Simpson.
    LOL!!!!!!

i don't like scary movies, life is scary enough without hollywood messing up my dreams...
    "Don't take life too serious, you'll never get out alive."-Van Wilder

It's gotta be like when they have marvel vs DC crossovers-they always end up ebing draws
    to sculpt you must first have concrete
    You are only as stong as your weakest joint

Selfproclaimed Fancy Pants wibble's Avatar
    What animals has jason killed besides a dog?
    No idea, maybe they were all dogs. Think there were a few of them though. I wish I still had my monster magazine that showed how many people/animals Jason killed and what with. That rocked.

There's no proof Jason was the one who killed the dog in Part 2!
    Proud WBBSA member!