pacers beat celtics

magic beat pistons

76ers beat hornets

west

spurs beat suns

kings beat jazz

lakers beat T wolves

mavs beat blazers
    Last edited by MrWebb78; 04-19-2003 at 02:11 PM.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

solid predictions, today is nba-a-thon at night, starts in just 1 hour for me, don't feel like watching the pacers game now
    My profile picture is about 5 years old, I'll get around to taking some progress pics eventually.

Scuzzbucket is numero uno Scuzzbucket's Avatar
    I quit watching basketball years ago--about the time Rodman was getting so much press for his off-court antics and when apparently the NBA draft extended from state universities to state prisons... but I have been gone so long that the Kings, 76ers, T-Wolves, and Mavs are all now playoff-contending teams?!?!

And what, no Chicago Bulls?
    "Always find something to fuel your growth, and know that each rep brings you closer to your goal." - Tommi Thorvildsen
    ------------------------------------------------

the stone cold stunner Ironman8's Avatar
    Go Kings!!
    You kill me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize....

"Magic beat Pistons"

Yeah, right......Magic only win if Wallace's knee doesn't recover.

Come to think of it, the 'Stones will beat the Magic even *without* Wallace.

GO KINGS!!! (West)
    GO CELTICS!! (East)
    "Plan for difficulty when it is still easy, do the great when it is still small."
    -Tao Te Ching

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall."
    -Confucius

Strongman
    EAST
    Pistons
    Nets
    Pacers
    Sixers

WEST
    Spurs
    Kings
    Mavericks
    Lakers

oh and two words...PAUL PIERCE
    Four-Time World's Strongest Man

Originally posted by Majestic
    "Magic beat Pistons"

Yeah, right......Magic only win if Wallace's knee doesn't recover.

Come to think of it, the 'Stones will beat the Magic even *without* Wallace.

lol we shall remember this, it is my upset prediction.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

6'2"
    273 lbs.

"LOL" ???

"Laughing out Loud", my a**!!!

If the 'Stones lose to the Magic, I'm gonna farkin' weep like a little b*tch Kryptonian.

I'd rather be orphaned on Earth than have the Magic beat the.....ah......erm........nevermind.......

Well, seeing as I lived in Phoenix for 18 years I like......PHOENIX.

Oh, and they beat the Spurs with a dramatic buzzer shot by Marbury. Did you see it, awesome!

Go pistons...i'd like to see the kings come outta the west.
    May you be in heaven an hour before the devil knows you're dead.

I think the Kings will beat the Lakers in 7 games in the championship....(err I mean Western Conference Finals) and Isiah Thomas is a terrible coach.
    5-9 170

"LOL" ???

"Laughing out Loud", my a**!!!

If the 'Stones lose to the Magic, I'm gonna farkin' weep like a little b*tch Kryptonian.

I'd rather be orphaned on Earth than have the Magic beat the.....ah......erm........nevermind.......

orlando 1
    detroit 0

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Originally posted by chris mason
    Well, seeing as I lived in Phoenix for 18 years I like......PHOENIX.

Oh, and they beat the Spurs with a dramatic buzzer shot by Marbury. Did you see it, awesome!

that game was pretty incredible, id like to see an upset like this.

6'2"
    273 lbs.

GO MAGIC!
    "Don't take life too serious, you'll never get out alive."-Van Wilder

Go Suns!

I actually like the Suns chances in this first round match up with the Spurs - the suns have now beaten them 4 out of 5 times this season. However, if the "true" Tim Duncan shows up for any of the following games, phoenix may be in trouble.

Strongman
    MVP's don't brick 2 free throws with the game on the line. That was the "true" Tim Duncan.
    Four-Time World's Strongest Man

Jack's Utter Surprise Saturday Fever's Avatar
    Chris Webber has dumped free throws all season long and followed the misses with clutch shots to win it. He gets my vote for MVP.

One crazy MOFO/Mail man
    Orlando will beat Detroit because of 1 reason T mac. Though I hate him, if he shows up for all the games then it's good night Pistons. Detroit has to have their whole team playing well to beat Tmac and well.... Big ben is hurtin.

Suns will never beat the Spurs.

My predictions are pretty much in line with Webb. Good stuff.

On a side note, I feel bad for KG. His T wolves are going to get ousted again in the first round . He is a true MVP that gets way too much flak. He wants to make the T wolves work and they have made the playoffs what 6 times in a row now or something like that. He is a one man team and deserves to be treated like one.
    w00t

somewhat agree, one man teams never do well in my opinion.

thats why the kings are so successful, they dont have one player scoring 40 points everygame, they dont have 2 players scoring 30 each every game. they have an entire team (including the bench) working everyone over.

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Im pullin for my hometown Celtics and the Mavs... just cause I like them.
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

It sure is nice to not have the Pacers/Celtics game on here. Does ESPN realize that most people don't get NBATV? I didn't even know there was a station called NBATV until tonight.
    5-9 170

Orlando will beat Detroit because of 1 reason T mac.
    Nope. If they win, it'll be because he has much more of a supporting cast than anybody ever knew.

Know this:

A) Chauncey Billups will NOT shoot as poorly as 3-16 in the next game.

B) the Pistons didn't double-team McGrady. That will change

C) if Carlisle (Pistons' coach) stubbornly STAYS with a single defender on McGrady, it'll be Tayshaun Prince, and it'll be an under 30 point night for McGrady. The Pistons would be wise to sacrifice the rebounding and scoring they lose when they play him, in order to get his freakish defense. He's 6'10", has 35-foot long arms, and runs like a shooting guard. That said, he's not a great player, and maybe not even a good one, but he can frustrate a player like McGrady.

D) the Magic will not beat the Pistons in a 7 game series. Not gonna happen.

If it does, it's only because Stern has instructed the refs to milk this series for all it's worth (ratings), which I already suspect is happening. Or do you really think the Lakers were better, or even *deserved* to beat the Kings last year? Did you ever notice how the Human Charging Foul (Shaq) "suddenly" was getting calls in the 4th quarter against the Blazers during their first championship run? Get real.

Laimbeer getting called for a foul for *breathing* on Kareem late in the 4th quarter of game 6 back in 1988? Christ, the lockers were covered, and the champagne was on ice, but Stern wouldn't have it. Get real....the last thing Stern wanted was the Pistons to win, let alone to beat the Lakers 4-2 in the series. And of course, he was right.....it wound up being the highest rated, and most successful series in history. The NBA makes its money on TV contracts and merchandise, not tickets.

The NBA is fixed....I'm not referring to a specific outcome, but certainly the "flavor" or "closeness" of a series is fixed.....all you can do is pray your team is on Stern's "hot-list", and ride it through the highs and the lows. It's professional basketball, and it's a business. Enjoy the good, filter out the bad (as best you can), and take it for what it's worth : an entertaining show.
    Last edited by Majestic; 04-21-2003 at 07:25 PM.

The NBA is fixed....I'm not referring to a specific outcome, but certainly the "flavor" or "closeness" of a series is fixed.....all you can do is pray your team is on Stern's "hot-list", and ride it through the highs and the lows. It's professional basketball, and it's a business. Enjoy the good, filter out the bad (as best you can), and take it for what it's worth : an entertaining show.
    I agree that teams Stern wants to see in the finals get the calls. I'll never forget the Larry Johnson 4-point play for the Knicks in 1999. I remember the Kings getting totally screwed late in game 7 against the Lakers last year. I remember Divac getting called for some phantom foul at the end of the game.
    5-9 170

although the kings got the **** end of th stick by the refs last year, (i hate to say this as a huge kings fan), but if they made even half of their free throws, they would have blown the lakers away. so the kings beat themselves in that game/series, it wasnt the refs.

majestic dont make excuses already and say what ifs and coulda shoulda woulda's. if the hornets win its simply an upset, thats all.

6'2"
    273 lbs.