The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big

Stretch marks....permanent? Also cures?

Over the past couple months as I have gotten much stronger and bigger, I have developed stretch marks right above my arm pits. Are these permanent? If not, what are the best cures to get rid of them? I have heard cocoa butter and that's it.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Over time they will fade, although they won't ever go away. Unless, of course, you have some sort of cosmetic surgery.

i THINK vitamin E might help with stretch marks... but im not sure. anyone else know for sure?
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble

Never Satisfied.
    I have the 'above the underarm' stretch marks too. Pretty strange place to get them, but it seems common. I only have it on the left side though, so that makes it extra strange, lol. I have some ALL the way up on the upper thigh, but you can hardly see them with my hairy ass legs.
    22 - 5'11 - not big enough yet

Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right.

the stone cold stunner Ironman8's Avatar
    You can use a cream called Maderma.
    You kill me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize....

I wish there was a cure. I got big time strech marks right above my arm pits, front delts and "outer pecs" Same goes with my bicep. I'm also starting notice tiny strech marks on the inside crux of my elbow and forearm
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

Originally posted by Manveet
    I wish there was a cure. I got big time strech marks right above my arm pits, front delts and "outer pecs" Same goes with my bicep. I'm also starting notice tiny strech marks on the inside crux of my elbow and forearm
    Damn, that sucks.
    "The only sin which we never forgive in each other is difference of opinion."
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Word.

I use Palmer's Cocoa Butter

Originally posted by intensity
    [B]I have the 'above the underarm' stretch marks too. Pretty strange place to get them, but it seems common. I only have it on the left side though, B]
    same here must be comon
    To get good at most things takes 2-4 years i.e BodyBuilding, Martial Arts, Musical Instrements ect.
    To Master it, takes a life time - Buff Stuff

The answer to every query is, of course, "squats". - drew

BUFF

i like my strech marks (under both arms and left bicep). they make me feel like i'm doing something.
    damn it

Originally posted by wolfpack
    i like my strech marks (under both arms and left bicep). they make me feel like i'm doing something.
    Exactly. That's how I monitor my progress.

Stretch marks from being over-weight is nothing to be proud of

Originally posted by Ironman8
    you dont get stretch marks from just being overweight... you can also get them from muscle growth

Originally posted by GhettoSmurf

you dont get stretch marks from just being overweight... you can also get them from muscle growth
    Exactly, I was never over weight. But ever since I started to bulk awhile back, I've gotten strech marks. The bad thing is, I'm still not even big
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

tuttut
    yes because being fat is the only reason why people have strech marks

Originally posted by GhettoSmurf

Well, doesn't your skin stretch out when you get really fat?

Well, doesn't your skin stretch out when you get really fat?
    yeah it does, but the way you put it, makes it sound like the ONLY way to get stretch marks is from being fat... which isnt true.

Oh. Sorry for the mis-understanding.

I got 'em everywhere. Arms used to look disgusting, pecs were fantastic. I used to hate it and be ashamed of it - but stretch marks are the ultimate signs of progress, so I don't care. They fade a lot, and if I never got 'em, I'd still be 170. The only reason you get 'em at reasonable bf are the gains.
    "And if that doesnt work, bend her over, tear off the stretchpants, and go wild on the little slut. When you're done, drop her like a missed rep. When she's regained her senses, complain that she was making too much noise. She will then realize the error of her ways, and give you her number." - Budiak

"I have a girl that i have ride around with me everywhere, just cuz she's a ditz and amuses me. its great." - Ace Dogg

Pretty Fly for an Old Guy W8_4_Me's Avatar
    Stretch marks are a rite of passage. Be proud! You are GROWING!

A good tan will render them nearly invisible.
    "A winner...knows how much he still has to learn, even when he is considered an expert by others; A loser...wants to be considered an expert by others, before he has even learned enough to know how little he knows." - Sydney Harris

"It takes a big man to cry, and an even BIGGER man to laugh at that man!" - Jack Handey

"It's simple. If it jiggles, it's fat." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Originally posted by W8_4_Me
    A good tan will render them nearly invisible.
    Really? Heh, I'll keep that in mind when summer comes around.

Got strech marks on shoulder chest armpit biceps inner thigh
    Stats
    5'10,185-190lbs, 12-16%bf

I've got stretch marks and I'm no where near being over weight and never have been. My legs and butt especially have them because my legs have gotten a good deal bigger. Muscle growth can cause them same as fat gain.

There is a cream called Mederma that can help. Its expensive and has to be applied a couple times a day to be effective but it can help. A tan helps too.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Get a tan... it'll help hide the stretch marks... that's what I'm doing...lol
    Last edited by Workhorse; 05-27-2003 at 10:10 AM.
    Check out my Training Journal HERE

105kg Open IPF Classic Provincial record holder in the squat, bench, deadlift, and total.

Yeah, I say there's no such thing as squatter's ass without stretch marks
    "And if that doesnt work, bend her over, tear off the stretchpants, and go wild on the little slut. When you're done, drop her like a missed rep. When she's regained her senses, complain that she was making too much noise. She will then realize the error of her ways, and give you her number." - Budiak

"I have a girl that i have ride around with me everywhere, just cuz she's a ditz and amuses me. its great." - Ace Dogg