Thread: why business suits suck

chronic overtrainer
    under the bar or over the bar during the week, at the bar on weekends

why business suits suck

The other day I did legs early in the day and worked later into ther night. After work I was really tired and sore so I went for a massage. I was wearing a business suit jacket, shirt tie etc. The girl giving me the massage showed me to the room, was friendly, nice, normal, whatever. She told me to change into a towel so on etc. and left. When she came back and I was resting on the massage table she walked in and I head her gasp and she had this weird look on her face. As the massage went on she was really very quiet and kind of acting wierd. I finally asked her if something was wrong or what the hell was going on. She apologized and proceeded to tell me that she was just shocked because as she put it " I didn't realize when I met you in the lobby you were so huge all over. That shirt and jacket hid all your muscles". She said she doesn't normally see clients like that.

Anyway the moral of story is business suits suck because they hide all the freaking muscles we work for and sometimes they make all shmoos look a lot alike. Granted I wear my suits somewhat oversized for comfort factor. I'm like a 46 long but I normally wear 48 long. Second, massage therapists must have to deal with a lot of fat or skinny clients.

I thought a lot of BBs get massages. Am I wrong?
    Cortisol is the enemy.

Remember, it is not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game.

One crazy MOFO/Mail man
    That's why a suit makes any guy look good... Well almost.
    w00t

I don't think they hide it much more then any other clothing. The pants probably do, they are not generally tight. Shirts are bigger then a most t-shirts. Last time I had one on I thouhht my traps look huge.
    I think this post is brag about how good you looked to Spfen.(Sp? you know what I mean)

chronic overtrainer
    under the bar or over the bar during the week, at the bar on weekends
    Originally posted by Berserker
    I don't think they hide it much more then any other clothing. The pants probably do, they are not generally tight. Shirts are bigger then a most t-shirts. Last time I had one on I thouhht my traps look huge.
    I think this post is brag about how good you looked to Spfen.(Sp? you know what I mean)
    Sorry berserker. I was not trying to brag. That was not my intent. My intent was to say that suits seem to equalize men, because of the cut and material. They can make an average or out of shape guy look similar to a fit guy wearing the same suit. Remove the suit and the perception changes. It's no big deal but i though it was worth noting since in a business setting it may have an impact on the preception of a person by others when appearence can make a difference. The whole business suit seems outdated, yet the details of suit seem to stay the same over time. Shoulder cut, lapels, ties etc. These things serve no functional purpose yet fashion dogma has maintained them since the middle ages.

Also you would think a massage therapist would see some bbs although we make up a small fraction of the population.

BTW I don't need to brag, I'm jacked and I know it. that's enough for me. j/k
    sp
    Last edited by sweet-physique; 05-28-2003 at 12:22 PM.
    Cortisol is the enemy.

Remember, it is not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game.

Banned
    if you wear off the rack, there's little chance that your suit will show off your body to good effect

get bespoke suits made if you can afford it or go to a GOOD tailor and have your suits/shirts/pants redone to suit your build... I know for myself that I have to buy 18" neck shirts to get ones that will fit my neck/shoulders, but the waist on those is ****ing huge; I recently had a bunch taken in by my favourite tailor and now what used to be baggy formless shirts now show off my shoulders and waist to a much greater advantage.

and yeah, most people into lifting that I know also get massages... one of my good friends is dating an RMT and gets it for free. I'm married to a chiropractor myself, so I get that, but I also pay out of my own pocket to go an see an RMT that does myofascial release and a couple of other techniques... it is simply brilliant for getting the kinks worked out and also I think it has actually improved my strength! one particular thing I was real pleased with was her work on my biceps... previously my biceps were all bound together and had shape but it was just sorta lumped together. Since getting them worked on by my RMT, I can easily see the individual heads from the top and while flexin'...

if you have any size a suit wont hide it...but if you are just lean and muscular then obviously a suit will hide it.

moral of the story....get bigger so people can tell youre big.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Clothes are clothes. They hide the definition. Arnold said something to the effect that if you don't look big in everything you wear then you aren't really big.

To that extent, I've had to have several suits tailored and they actually make me look bigger than I really am. If they are tailored they can be quite flattering. Alot also depends on your posture.

At any rate, it must have been a nice compliment. I wish I could afford to go to a massage therapist.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.