Thread: The importance of rest days?

Hybrid View

The importance of rest days?

I consider myself a complete newbie on all matters concerning lifting. I'm doing wbb#1 and have been doing it for a few months. I'm just wondering why there are rest days. I know your body needs time to recover, but why can't you do back/chest one day and do legs the next? I find I have alot of energy pretty much all the time and wondering why I shouldn't lift basicly everyday.. ie 3day on 1 off, 3days on, 1 off etc.
    Philosophy is to the real world as masturbation is to sex - Karl Marx

your body does not grow in the gym. in fact lifting creates micro tears in the muscle fibers. you repair and GROW when you are outside the gym, eating properly and getting adequate rest.
    too much trauma and not enough rest = catabolism since your body can't keep up.
    Size is SEXY!

As long as there's raniali nudity, its all good. -- PMDL, my idol
    My God. I wish, if only for a day, i had hooters like that to play with. -- TCD, my other idol
    It is as stable as my mindset around your breasts. -- robboe
    Good god raniali....you have an amazing physique. -- JustinASU
    Whenever raniali posts in a thread, somebody is bound to get aroused, thats just the way it is. -- Y2A

~Anything worth doing at all IS worth doing well.~
    ~You all laugh because I am diFFereNt; I laugh because you're all the same.~
    ~Have no fear of perfection; you will never reach it. -- Salvador Dali, Diary of A Genius~

Wannabebig Member
    sleep,and eat on your off day's....trust me I can't stress this enough sleeeeep, that's when you grow.