The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Big

Tough Schedule to eat around....high calorie/protein foods?

I'm sure i'm not the only one who has this problem, so don't anyone out there think that i'm complaining, i'm simply looking for suggestions. I'm good for the morning when I wakeup with my shake(2 scoops whey, 2 scoops oats, milk, pb). But after that, I don't really get a chance to eat, here's how. I work construction from 6-6 everyday with a 20 minute lunch break, that's right, and we don't have time to go out to eat. So I have my 5:15 am meal, then I don't get a chance to eat until 11. That's 2 meals tops. Right after work I go to workout and I don't want to have a high calorie meal because my workouts are very heavy. I lift from 7-9 with heavy running in there, and by time I get home at 9:30 I eat and then it's bedtime. Is there any possible way for me to still get 3000+ calories in this hectic day? If so, what the heck should I eat! Thanks in advance

P.S. Ghettosmurf and Ironman make sure you respond to this one in addition to others please!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

The Nothing
    How about MRP shakes?

Big
    Bryan.....kinda expensive....but lets say I cough up the money... is myoplex my best bet?

i would probably pack up on "pocket foods" -- like protein/energy bars or beef jerky -- where i could grab a bite while working.

it might not be a bad idea to have a pre-w/o drink between leaving the job and starting your training. the only other way you are going to get 3000 cals a day is if each of your meals averages 1,000 cals.
    Size is SEXY!

As long as there's raniali nudity, its all good. -- PMDL, my idol
    My God. I wish, if only for a day, i had hooters like that to play with. -- TCD, my other idol
    It is as stable as my mindset around your breasts. -- robboe
    Good god raniali....you have an amazing physique. -- JustinASU
    Whenever raniali posts in a thread, somebody is bound to get aroused, thats just the way it is. -- Y2A

~Anything worth doing at all IS worth doing well.~
    ~You all laugh because I am diFFereNt; I laugh because you're all the same.~
    ~Have no fear of perfection; you will never reach it. -- Salvador Dali, Diary of A Genius~

protein bars are good. same with the beef jerky that was suggested.

i dont know how hot it gets while you work, or if you can be near a cooler.

but what i do, is i make 2 or 3 of the MRP's (whey, oatmeal, milk(or)water, PB) and then i keep them in a cooler that i bring to school.

then when i feel its time to eat, i unzip my backpack, unzip te cooler, and take out one of the MRP's and drink (this is all done in-class)

let me know if somthing like that would work
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble

Big
    Thanks ghetto.....will try it out

Some type of nut would be a calorie dense food to take with you, and you could also make up some sandwiches the night before. Most people can have a sandwich down the hatch in a matter of minutes
    Last edited by bradley; 05-29-2003 at 02:42 AM.

Where do you work? If you're working 12 hours and only get one 20 min break maybe you should call the labor board or join a union.

he works construction - he most likely is in a union
    Size is SEXY!

As long as there's raniali nudity, its all good. -- PMDL, my idol
    My God. I wish, if only for a day, i had hooters like that to play with. -- TCD, my other idol
    It is as stable as my mindset around your breasts. -- robboe
    Good god raniali....you have an amazing physique. -- JustinASU
    Whenever raniali posts in a thread, somebody is bound to get aroused, thats just the way it is. -- Y2A

~Anything worth doing at all IS worth doing well.~
    ~You all laugh because I am diFFereNt; I laugh because you're all the same.~
    ~Have no fear of perfection; you will never reach it. -- Salvador Dali, Diary of A Genius~

Wannabebig Member
    Peanut/Almond butter would work really well. Just toss it in a cooler and you're good to go. Eat it straight out of the jar.

I know he works construction, so do I. My union would take definate action if I was working 12 hours with only a 20 min break.

Big
    Union......I'm not gonna complain with my wages

One reason why you have the high wages, and one more reason to complain. They won't fire you for that. It's your right.

Originally posted by ChuckieT
    Peanut/Almond butter would work really well. Just toss it in a cooler and you're good to go. Eat it straight out of the jar.
    yeah, but the problem with having JUST peanut butter is that it isnt really that GREAT of a source of protein. i mean, yes, it has protein, but not a whole lot of it. which is why i use PB as more of a source of fat, then for a source of protein/.

PBJ sandwiches
    Turkey, Ham, Cheese sandwiches
    Tuna sandwiches or just Tuna
    Hard Boiled Eggs
    Protein Bars
    Cottage Cheese in a Tupperware Bowl
    Fruit (Grapefruit, Apples, Oranges, Bananas, Grapes, etc.)
    Nuts (Almonds, Pistachios, Cashews, Macadamias, Pecans, etc.)

These are a few I use.