The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: (^_^)'s journal

Hybrid View

Wannabebig Member

(^_^)'s journal

Ok its summer. Time to bulk the **** up.

Stats/History:

Working out for about a year now. Used to be 130 lbs.

5'10"
    ~158
    13.5" arms
    21" quads
    31" waist
    BF%: ~12

Squat: ~205 x 6
    Bench: ~155 x 1 (theoretically)
    Deadlift: 225 x 6
    Unassissted wide grip pull ups: 3

I'm home for the summer and i need to find a gym. Problem is I'm poor so I have to live off of free passes. I have a 10 day to 24, and I hate it. No place to deadlift and the usual high school crew, weirdo in daisy dukes crew, you know the story. Today I went from 11pm-12:10am. Havnet worked chest in two weeks and suprisingly DB pressed 50 pounds. A new PR. I think its because at my school gym the DB's seem to weigh 5 pounds heavier. :o. After my ten days are up maybe I'll hit up powerhouse for some free days. Maybe I can milk this 10 day pass, cause when I walked in today I just said free pass and he waived me in.

I didnt do any benching because I was scared to. Well not really, but usually I'll do incline/DB flat/cable flys; and then flat bench/incline DB/DB flys the next. I guess I was supposed to do incline but the got damn incline bench is elevated (like your spotter stands on a little plate so he can spot you, good idea 24). So i cant keep my feet planted on the ground like im used to. Also hit up shoulders and tris today.

Oh yeah got to change up the routine for the summer. I'm guessing something like:

Day1:
    Chest (incline/db flat/cable flys)
    Shoulders
    Tris
    Day2:
    Back/Biceps/Traps
    Day3: Quads/Stomach
    Day4: Obliques/Calves/hamstrings
    day5: rest? prolly not, cant afford resting on trial memberships.
    day1b: chest (db inline/ BB flat/ DB flys)

good night
    Last edited by (^_^); 05-31-2003 at 04:44 AM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

good luck with the goals bro. you sure you dont want a rest day in there? i bet after a while your body will be screaming for 1.
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble

Why don't you just pay by the month for a gym membership? If you're going to be home for 2 months, that'll be like $100, not bad I'd say..

Welcome to journal land. As long as you can line up the free passes to cover the summer then does matter that it's free? Good luck on your bulking.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

Wannabebig Member
    Originally posted by GhettoSmurf
    good luck with the goals bro. you sure you dont want a rest day in there? i bet after a while your body will be screaming for 1.
    well, there always unplanned rest days. Like when I cant make it to the gym, etc. But since its my first week back after a two week break I've been using a rest day in between each day (my body is screaming right now)

Originally posted by Ritzol
    Why don't you just pay by the month for a gym membership? If you're going to be home for 2 months, that'll be like $100, not bad I'd say..
    Well, I live in a small city. All we have here is ballys, 24, and a powerhouse. The only thing I've really checked out is 24 and they want 150 for three months. Hopefully powerhouse will have a pay by the month deal. Or hopefully i can find a bare bones pay by the month gym.

Originally posted by rookiebldr
    Welcome to journal land. As long as you can line up the free passes to cover the summer then does matter that it's free? Good luck on your bulking.
    yeah, balling on a budget

i miss _-_v_-_
    Pup, in reference to me: "he's like Budiak...but worse"

Budiak: "Statistically I've gained almost an inch on my arms...but thats just theory, and we know what theory gets us. Thats right. Communism."

BigChaseyChase: "Cutting, there will not be!"

sir millard mulch: "I could probably punch some chick really hard at this point"

Galileo - "Someday maybe I'll be able to use the big boy weights like RG570."

Wannabebig Member

5/30 12:32AM

Ok I just got out of the shower and prior to that I was at the gym. Today was calf/hamstring day. Got to the gym at 11 (yeah on a sat night, im a real winner), told the cute girl behind the counter that I had a 10 day pass and she didnt look at it or anything. Man I can prolly go a month before they catch on.

Well I did some calve work. And there wasnt much to work with (only machines) so I made my way to the leg press. I'm not a big fan of leg press machines, but hey I had to work the calves a little more. The last time I did calf work, like 6 months ago, on the leg press machine I could do like 180 at most. Today I felt great because I could do 4 plates on each side for about 6-7 reps. 540 pounds isnt impressive at all, I guess i was just happy to do 8 plates of anything.

Oh yeah, speaking of leg work I WILL be able to dunk in 4 months :o. I can touch the rim now, ok now that i think about it maybe dunking is not possible in 4 months.

After that I did some boring hamstring ****.

the only thing I like about 24 is the girls not bad for a sat night. but I dont go to the gym to work out my eyes.
    Last edited by (^_^); 06-01-2003 at 01:50 AM.

but I dont go to the gym to work out my eyes.
    Hell, thats half the fun
    " ...if all else fails, just whip out those b'normous biceps!!!!!!! Teh lad33z <3 teh str3ngth!"- McIrish

"An Irishman has an abiding sense of tragedy which sustains him through temporary periods of joy..."

"When a man is in love, is jealous, and has been whipped by the Inquisition, he is no longer himself..."- Voltaire

Wannabebig Member

0601 3:00

Last night my IE was down so no journal log. Guess I'll do it today.

Yesterday it was Back/Bi. Did the normal back routine and then onto biceps. Prior to leaving I felt gutsy and kind of pissed that I still haven't been able to Preacher curl a 25 on each side. So I loaded up two tens and a five on each side and did 1 rep. Ha ha a new personal record. I really shouldnt be maxing out my damn biceps

That was pretty much it.

whoo hoo maxing out on bi's. hard-core curl jockey!!!! j/k
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble

Wannabebig Member
    Originally posted by GhettoSmurf
    whoo hoo maxing out on bi's. hard-core curl jockey!!!! j/k
    luckily no one was watching

I felt like a tool. I should have grabbed the 80 db's and used pure momentum to get them up.

Wannabebig Member

06/02 3:52

Powerhouse gym > any other franchise

$95 for three months.
    $135 for six months

$205 per year. no initial fee
    $50 sign up/$17 per month. for monthly membership

I'll be sigining up for the three month deal. Good thing I didnt fork over the 150 for 3 months at 24.

The equipment is acutally good, and the people are cooler.

Wannabebig Member

06/05 1:48 AM

alright. tonight was chest/tris/shoulders

Did some flat bench, DB incline, and db flys. For tris i did skull crushers, and dips. and some shoulder work. dont feel like typing it all out. tired.

that was a kool summer it was very bussy well got to go bye