The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member
    Last edited by ennui; 09-13-2004 at 12:26 AM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

odds are IMO, if you just cut-out the junk foods, alcohol, soda pop, etc. you will probably lose weight.

if you arnt into counting calories (even though it REALLY helps) then just try cutting out the junk for a couple weeks, and see if you notice any changes.
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble

if you're looking for something simple to help you trim up, i would suggest counting your portions instead of counting every single calorie. eat 6 smaller meals a day of whole, clean food and you should start doing a lot better. you'll want a general estimate of your caloric intake and maintenance level but once you do the initial math the rest is pretty simple, for a 260lb person trying to lose weight, i would say aim for 2600 cals a day. that means make each meal roughly 400-450 calories (sounds like a lot, but when you're lifting hard, it isn't!)

also you're going to have to lift and do some cardio... you don't want to be a gym rat and all that's fine, but don't be afraid of the place. go in there with a cd player or mp3 player, crank up the volume, and get to work. if you put in an hour to an hour and a half (counting cardio) every day of good honest effort, you'll see results... and you'll probably start looking forward to your workouts

good luck!

well supplement-wise for general nutrition, you could always look into a multi-vitamin and some fish oils.
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble

Originally posted by ennui
    thanks again what are fishoils for?
    They are used to supplement the diet with omega 3 fatty acids, which are usually lacking in most peoples diets.

As far as other supplements a good multi-vitamin would be a good addition as well IMO. I also take added vitamin E (400iu) and Vitamin C (2g).

There is an article on the WBB main page about vitamins which might be of some help as well.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=50

in regards to my breadcrusts, perhaps you'd prefer my biscuits. *lol* what part of the Dirty South are you in?

welcome to the boards!
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?