The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Shameless Bragging and a Question for strong benchers

Posted about this in my new journal, but I wanted to put it here too since I'm so fired up about it.

I got 405 on the bench last night! I was so fricken happy, it was like winning a contest or something. Couple of things which made me even more stoked about it: I've literally gone from 355 to 405 in 3 weeks. I stagnated at 355 max for almost 2 months in then in 3 weeks 50 llbs...I'm still shaking my head at how that works. Also, the weight went up EASY...I think there could have been another 15-20 llbs on there.

Question: I've noticed that on my max lifts that seemingly if I get the weight in the perfect motion, obviously have perfect concentration etc that it just seems plain easy, but if I so much as waiver the weight forward or most of the times backwards ..toward my neck too much there is no chance in hizell that the weight will go up. Is there a trick other than just concentrating on lowering the weight to to the correct position. It really irks me because I know halfway down that I won't get the lift if the weight doesn't drop where I want it. My best power spot is just below my nips.

I used to NEVER think I'd get this kind of weight. Now I feel like the sky's the limit if I train right.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Great job!!

IME, getting the groove right just takes practice.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

congrats on the lift man!
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble

Hitting the groove properly is easily worth 50 lbs on your bench. Even more if you are wearing a shirt. Big congrats on the 405. That is a huge bench.

I still get out of groove time to time on the bench, and when I do, I usually miss the lift.

And the way to avoid this, is the same advice you give when someone asks you directions to Carnegie Hall. . .

practice, practice, practice.

B.

Beware of Attack Ferrets
    Nice lift, grats.

Stats:
    Height: 5'9"
    Weight: 210
    BF: plenty
    Chest: 46"
    Arms:18"
    Thighs:29" now down to 28"
    Calves: 17.5"

Bench Max 308 x 4
    Squat 330 x 3 ATF
    Deadlift 404.8 x 1

Here's a nice site on Bench Pressing and proper form.

http://www.eclipsecec.com/bt_articles/rob_wagner_2.html

Of the driver ilk
    Or here perhaps.
    "42"

Senior of Kinesiology
    Nice Job!
    Meet PR: 290lb bench press, 505lb dead lift @ 190lbs

Current Training: Yoga and Weightlifting

5'11'', Male, 175lbs, age 22

Wannabebig Member
    NICE HIT BRO! Intense Concentration is key for me on a max lift. I turn into someone else when I get underneath that bar.

congrats man thas alot of weight

Skillz