The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    WannabebigAZN

Let me tell you about me.

I begin working out in January @ 145 lbs. @10% bodyfat @ 5 ft 11. It's August right now and I am @ 168 lbs. @ 6 % body fat.
    My first 2 months, I added a protein bar in between lunch and dinner. I was eating 3 meals and the bar. That was about it.
    Now, I'm taking in 5 to 6 meals/day. I only workout twice/week. People think I do a lot more, but that's all I do. I do it with my personal trainer. I hit a plateau about one month ago that I"d like to share with you people. I was @ 162 lbs. stalling out and did not gain much of anything during July.
    I took in 175 g of protein/day and ate 6 meals a day. Because I ate a lot of tuna, bread, rice, & steak, I didn't get enough fat in my diet. I didn't understand why I couldn't gain weight. My trainer says to take in a little bit more fat than usual. Because I'm very lean, it is going to help me with mass building. So I ate a peanut jelly sandwhich 4 nights a week before bed and I also added 10 g. of glutamine before bedtime.
    I don't know what worked, the glutamine, or the PB sandwhich. I gained 6 lbs. in over 3 weeks and I don't see lost in definition. I feel fuller than I ever did.

Here is my training schedule:

Tuesday
    flat bench 2 sets 10 reps @ 95 lbs. -warmup
    2 set 10 reps @ 155 lbs.
    1 set @ 130
    1 set @ 110
    1set @ 65
    dumbell flys Just like flat bench doing 10 reps
    and doing less weight until i'm down to
    10 lbs.
    Decline
    Military press
    Skull crushers for my triceps

THURS
    Squat
    Lunges
    Leg extension
    Calve raises

Tuesday
    Pullups
    Rows
    Biceps

I make sure I rest @ least 7 days for legs. They seem to develop much better that way. I take in about 175 g of protein/day and drink 10 glasses of water/day. I try to eat food rather than supplements.
    Supplements I am taking: Mypoplex once a day. Optimum whey protein in the morning. Glutamine 10 g before bed.
    Sample of my meals.
    1) Oatmeal, with Whey protein & 2 slices of wheat bread
    2) Myoplex
    3) cup of rice with pork chops
    4) Rice with 2 chicken legs
    5) 2 scoops of whey with milk and yogurt
    6) PB sandwhich with Whey and cereal.

I am guessing I'm at around 2500 calories/day.
    I'm 168 lbs. right now. Hoping to be 175 lbs. and cutting to 170 @ around 4 to 5 % body fat.
    Chics dig that

RycherX

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Great progress, and an excellent routine.