The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Sprite Commercial

Have you guys seen that Sprite commercial that show Kobe Bryant working out and sweating. Then at the end they show him drinking a Sprite. Is this like a new post workout drink I haven't heard of.

That commercial cracks me up everytime.
    "The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." -Steve Prefontaine

Motivate a fatty here.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Yeah, how much weight do you think he was squatting?

Originally posted by MC Eiht
    Yeah, how much weight do you think he was squatting?
    Probably not much, but then again I don't think he needs to squat much.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

As high as he can jump. He must have some natural strong legs.
    "The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." -Steve Prefontaine

Motivate a fatty here.

it looked like he was squatting between 365 and 405...couldnt tell about the last plate. but he also had chains on the bar which is a great plyometric/powerlifting technique.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

I highly doubt he drinks Sprite at the end of his workouts. I'd do the commercial to make money though, which is why he does it.

The Truth
    Kobe is such a fag.

"code red as real as the streets" cuz i know when i am done playing basketball in the ghetto i search for a mountain dew code red.

as heathj said, commercials = money
    "Don't take life too serious, you'll never get out alive."-Van Wilder

Mystic Eric
    Thing is though, they might not look it but Pro basketball players are strong. In high school, I was doing the score board during the High school Provincial championships at the Grizzlies training centre and a couple of my classmates broke into the Grizzlies's own workout centre and it had their maxes on the board. The guys who you wouldn't think were strong could bench well over 300 pounds. If I remember correctly, Byron Scott (the current NJ Nets coach) had a max of 405.

Originally posted by MrWebb78
    but he also had chains on the bar which is a great plyometric/powerlifting technique.
    I heard that this dosn't work that effectivly it's more old school. What do you think.
    "Why is there always time to do things twice, but never time to do things right?"

well it was recommended by Westside that this technique be used, i wanted to do it, but never got my hands on the chain to try it out.

however, supposedly a very similar exercise is done by using the mini-bands, which i did do, and it helped tremendously.

even now that im not doing westside, i would still like to tryout the exercise, especially cuz i like getting funny looks from people in the gym.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Heard nothing but good about that stuff, used to this day.

yeah, anyone remember when Kobe put on 10 pounds in no time? These dudes are gifted, of course - but they could jump crazy before ever trying a squat.
    "And if that doesnt work, bend her over, tear off the stretchpants, and go wild on the little slut. When you're done, drop her like a missed rep. When she's regained her senses, complain that she was making too much noise. She will then realize the error of her ways, and give you her number." - Budiak

"I have a girl that i have ride around with me everywhere, just cuz she's a ditz and amuses me. its great." - Ace Dogg

Originally posted by Mystic Eric
    Thing is though, they might not look it but Pro basketball players are strong. In high school, I was doing the score board during the High school Provincial championships at the Grizzlies training centre and a couple of my classmates broke into the Grizzlies's own workout centre and it had their maxes on the board. The guys who you wouldn't think were strong could bench well over 300 pounds. If I remember correctly, Byron Scott (the current NJ Nets coach) had a max of 405.
    PRolly got to do with their height, dont look as filled up