The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

the nutrition plan

Here is what i plan to do everyday. The goal is to bulk up. Im going to be deployed for 6 months and im hoping to gain 30lbs by december when i get back.

Meal 1
    2 Packets Oatmeal
    6 hardboiled eggs
    16oz water

Meal 2
    1 cup white rice
    1 cup scrambled eggs
    2 small pancakes
    1 piece fruit
    yogurt
    16oz water

Meal 3
    2 scoops whey protein
    16oz water

Meal 4
    Sandwich @ the chowhall
    Maincourse lunch @ chowhall
    16oz water

Meal 5
    2 cans chicken
    1 bagel with peanut butter
    16oz water

Meal 6
    Maincourse dinner @ chowhall
    16oz water

Meal 7
    2 scoops whey protein (workout is after this meal)

Meal 8
    2 scoops whey protein (postworkout meal)

I estimate this to be close to 4,000 calories though its hard to say what the chow hall will be serving so i had to guess a little. drinking 16oz of water at each meal will give me a 1 gallon total i think.
    Any suggestions or criticisms are welcome. Remember im trying to BULK.
    Semper Fidelis

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Back in the game
    the way i organise my meals are.
    1- workout my calaries needed for the day and then spilt between meals[ usually 4-5, not included shakes]
    2- usually eat more carbs before workout, more protein after.
    3- have 1 pwo shake and one protien shake [ usually before i sleep]
    4- i try to stay wholewheat at all times but if white rice / pasta, then mix with fribous veg[ help show down carb release]
    5-i snack on fruit and nuts[ get pently of good fats]
    6- i record everything that i eat for reference.
    Lordy,Lordy.
    Wont mind hanging out the back of that- Paddy.

There is a miracle supplement its called 110%
    Hardwork that is..........- Peter Parker

Your workouts are only limited cos of your imagination- Peter Parker

No movie makes me Question my own sexuality quite like this one - Gyno Rhino

I would probably add some carbs to meals 7 and 8, and it also looks like you could use some omega 3 fats in your diet. You could add some oily fish to some of your meals or supplement with fish oil. Also might want to add in some fibrous veggies to make sure that you get enough fiber in your diet.

Also I would stick to original oatmeal and not the flavored (might be what you are doing but just checking). You might think about adding a small meal after meal #8 since meal 8 is a postworkout meal. You might have to cut back on cals at some of the meals or combine a couple of meals to do this. Maybe some cottage cheese or a can of tuna and some type of fat would be a good choice for the final meal of the day.

Add some carbs or fat to meal #3. The reason I am saying add carbs or fat to the whey shakes is because whey will more than likely be converted to glucose if the protein is not taken with some carbs or fat.
    Last edited by bradley; 06-07-2003 at 05:48 AM.

Meal1- how many of the hardboiled eggs are you eating whole? (white + yolk)?

Meal2- white rice isnt the greatest carb, but if that's all you can get then its fine.

Meal3- IMO, if this is in place of a meal, then i'd have the whey with milk instead of water. the milk will help slow the absorbtion of the whey.

Meal8- if this is post-workout, i'd try to get some high GI carbs in there like dextrose or maltodextrine.

maybe try to get some more good fats like flaxseed oil, or fish oil in there as well.

and one more thing....

... good luck with the BULK bro!
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble