Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Benefits of eating every hr compared to every 3 while cutting

Benefits of eating every hr compared to every 3 while cutting

Is there much benefit in doing this or will your metabolism styay in full gear off every 3 hrs of feeding?
    Blocka Blocka

I am AMINAL

The only real benefits to eating frequently is appetite and craving control, and energy stabilization.

What about the fact that the meals will be smaller...

Wonlt that help raise your metabolism?

No.

It will help to properly digest the nutrients as they are needed. As opposed to cramming them down all at once and having some stored as fat.

That, is, it. That and hunger.

All nutrients are digested regardless..unless you puke them up.

Not necessarily. Have you not heard of egestion?
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

Cackerot - I mean as efficiently as possible without fat storage. If you cram 100g of carbs down per sitting 3x per day, you're going to get a hell of a lot fatter than opposed to eating 50g per sitting 6x.

No you won't. Any fat you store from that meal will just be metabolized later in the day for energy.

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    Just eat as often as you can. Evening out your digestive process and metabolism would be great. If you can eat every hour, do it. Eat in the middle of the night, too.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

WTF?

What you said works for maintaining a healthy weight. As far as maintaining a consistant and more desirable lean mass : bodyfat ratio, it's very ineffective compared to eating more frequently, and allowing your body to fully reap the benefits of the nutrients, rather than just storing them and using them for other purposes later.

Muscle catabolizes, inevitably the total lean mass drops. The body would prefer get rid of muscle first. So it keeps dropping... and while losing all of that mass, in the end your total BF% is actually higher than when you started. But a lot of it depends on the person and their activities too. Someone who isn't looking to maintain those 15 lbs of mass from the bulk cycle doesn't mind the sacrifice.

PS: I know it's hard to lose so much muscle that your BF is higher than before, unless you're crash dieting along with 7x cardio for 40 minutes daily every week. But it can happen.
    Last edited by Yaz; 08-16-2001 at 12:52 PM.

At first you must try it,so that you will be able to prove that it doesn't work.The suggestion from a person who has tried it is:less meals=better than more meals.Period.
    You can give me a ton of studies but I won't believe in anything but my personal experience.

And I'm talking about real diets and not chemical diets like Atkins etc where 1 or 10 meals in a day really don't matter.

well the differnce would be 10 meals or 6! its not like id go down to 3 meals or anything
    Blocka Blocka

I am AMINAL

Originally posted by Blackalpha
    At first you must try it,so that you will be able to prove that it doesn't work.The suggestion from a person who has tried it is:less meals=better than more meals.Period.
    You can give me a ton of studies but I won't believe in anything but my personal experience.

*** Tried it, with larger meals and less frequent feedings times, I always felt bloated, sluggish and sleepy form the spikes I got.

I now feel much more energetic and my appetite is much better.
    Before I was dreading each meal becausI had to froce feed myself.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Originally posted by Maki Riddington

I always felt bloated, sluggish and sleepy form the spikes I got.
    I take some enzymes and I don't experience any bloat.
    I have only one meal and late at night so the sleepy feeling is a +
    My energy levels suffer when I eat carbs all day long.Now it's better.

You only eat one meal a day? How big are you? What kinda lifts can you post up? This isn't a dig, I'm honestly just curious.

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"

Pearls of Wisdom...

You are misunderstanding me. I don't eat once a day now. I ate large meals before and I had a negative experience.

I now revamped my eating plan to 8-9 small meals a day.
    Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

but why not just re-vamp the diet and cut the carbs out a bit?

it doesn't make much sense to only eat one meal a day, and then supplement so you don't have that crappy sluggish feeling....
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

I know you don't Maki, I was asking Blackalpha. (Sorry for the misunderstanding there).

Pearls of Wisdom...

Oops.
    Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

The Art of Judo

Well.. I am 5'9" 165 lbs with a bf at -estimated-around 9-10%(lower abs are totally visible only when flexing).Now the gym where I go,is closed until 20Aug. but some of my lifts before 1Aug when it closed,were:Incline bench:190lbs--Squat:265lbs--Leg press 400lbs,calf raise(seated):175lbs.
    Nothing special but I focus on higher reps as I found it works better because it causes muscle hypertrophy and my muscles are more pumped as well.

Anavar eating mofo
    BlackAlpha~
    If you eat only 1 meal a day and its in the evening, would I be mistaken if I thought you lifted weights on an empty stomach? I thought that was a no-no. I also feel much better when eating 6+ meals a day. Why only eat 1 and pay money to supplement with enzymes so ou dont feel like garbage?

If we all follwed cacks BULLSHIT theorys we would all look like him.

So cack if you think less frequent eating is just as effective why dont we all eat the standard 3 meals a day?