Thread: Bf%

WannabebigAZN

Bf%

I freaked out yesterday. Just from not working out and drinking heavily for 2 weeks, my bf % went up.

If I am 174 lbs. @ 11.5% bf =>
    How much will I weigh at best if I tried to get it down to 8-9%
    My goal is either maintain lean muscle mass or increase it while I drop fat. I really don't want to drop lower than 170. I start looking too scrawny under my clothes.

I started running 2 miles today and plan to do it Mon-Fri.
    On top of that, workout in the evenings for an hour while trying to get stronger and eating plenty of protein.

How possible is it to do this naturally?

what are you worried about.... 11%....

i wish

Running 2 miles everyday?! I doubt you'll put on any LBM, and in any event you'll probably lose some.

At 174lbs if you got down to 8-9% you might still be 170 but pushing it. If you don't lose any LBM.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

WannabebigAZN
    If you're going for pure aesthetics, it's almost not worth trying to get big if you are way over 10%. I'd rather try to fluctuate between 6-10% bf. Be beefy when I'm 10% and trim when I'm down to 6%. In this case, I'd look good for the most part year round.

I have friends who workout all the time who fluctuate between 14-19% bf. Why do that if you never look good?

Wannabebig New Member
    Well, doing the math..if you are at 174 lbs with 11.5% BF, then you have 20 lbs of fat and 154 lbs lean body mass (muscle, bone, organs,..etc.)...if you decided to go to 8% BF and assuming you managed to lose no muscle at all you would weigh 167.4 lbs ( 13.4 lbs of fat)...so you would then need to add a little more muscle mass if you wished to remain above 170. hope this helps.