Thread: drink protein during a workout ?

Wannabebig Member

drink protein during a workout ?

In the past I've had my 40grams of whey protein after my workout (the typical powdered shake). However, after a year I grew tired of the crap taste and when I began to feel sick just at the thought of drinking a protein shake after my workout I decided it was time to change...

So now I buy the "Worldwide - Extreme Protein" bottles, they're just like a lemonade and go down really well, and I sip a bottle during my workout. Towards the end of my gym session I notice a slight burst in energy and I've enjoyed doing a last set with a heavier weight than the first set (rather than pyramid style... start heavy and decrease in weight as the muscles grow tired).

Now the question is: should I still drink another 40grams of protein after my workout or is it enough that I drink 40g during my workout?

(I drink 40g at breakfast, 40g during the workout, 40g after dinner. I weigh 175LBs ~ 12%BF)

you are only getting 120g a day? or only drinking 120g and eating more?

how many carbs does this drink have anyways?
    Size is SEXY!

As long as there's raniali nudity, its all good. -- PMDL, my idol
    My God. I wish, if only for a day, i had hooters like that to play with. -- TCD, my other idol
    It is as stable as my mindset around your breasts. -- robboe
    Good god raniali....you have an amazing physique. -- JustinASU
    Whenever raniali posts in a thread, somebody is bound to get aroused, thats just the way it is. -- Y2A

~Anything worth doing at all IS worth doing well.~
    ~You all laugh because I am diFFereNt; I laugh because you're all the same.~
    ~Have no fear of perfection; you will never reach it. -- Salvador Dali, Diary of A Genius~

yeah, what type of carbs are in it? you might be getting that extra boost of energy near the end of your workout becuase of an insulin spike from the drink...
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble

Yeah I agree with smurf, When i finnish my workout I drink my dextrose post workout drink a bit.

Wait a few minutes a do a all out mega set
    To get good at most things takes 2-4 years i.e BodyBuilding, Martial Arts, Musical Instrements ect.
    To Master it, takes a life time - Buff Stuff

The answer to every query is, of course, "squats". - drew

BUFF

Unless you are working out for an extended period of time I think you would be better served with a preworkout shake and then a postworkout shake.

preworkout- ~25-35g of maltodextrin (ideally) or dextrose and ~10-15g of whey in a small amount of water about 30 minutes before training

postworkout- ~50g of dextrose/maltodextrin and ~25g of whey