Thread: Targeting Visceral fat (possible??)

Targeting Visceral fat (possible??)

Hey, ok I hope I am right on this. Visceral fat is the fat that develops around the organs correct? Alright I doubt this is a possibility but is there any way to target Visceral fat over subcutaneous fat. Any help would be great.

Thanks!

I really don't think so.
    "Damn, I'm looking good" -Duke Nukem
    "I look cool dude" -Pig From the Sky

Why would you want to?
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

As far as I recall, CLA has an effect on it.

We tend to think of Sisyphus as a tragic hero, condemned by the gods to shoulder his rock sweatily up the mountain, and again up the mountain, forever. The truth is that Sisyphus is in love with the rock. He cherishes every roughness and every ounce of it. He talks to it, sings to it. It has become the mysterious Other. He even dreams of it as he sleepwalks upward. Life is unimaginable without it, looming always above him like a huge gray moon. He doesn’t realize that at any moment he is permitted to step aside, let the rock hurtle to the bottom, and go home.

Parables and Portraits, Stephen Mitchell

Originally posted by Blood&Iron
    As far as I recall, CLA has an effect on it.
    Whoa never new that. I have a friend who takes that, but I never realized it helped with vicseral fat. Do you know of any other drugs or supplements which also can help target it?
    Last edited by lazyman79; 06-11-2003 at 05:43 PM.

Why would anybody want to get rid of visceral fat? I thought it was not only important but imperative to health. Besides nobody sees it so who cares if your fat around your organs?
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Only reason I could think is for an athlete that needs weighins such as wrestling but still ... what is your reason for this question lazy man?
    Old Journal

" I'd give up a pinky or a toe or something I don't need those"
    -PwrMajt:

"Remember, as long as you don't kick them in the head or use a weapon, it's only a misdemeanor." -JustinASU

I nominate this thread for the Tim Nissen Award! -El P

Originally posted by Behemoth
    Why would anybody want to get rid of visceral fat? I thought it was not only important but imperative to health. Besides nobody sees it so who cares if your fat around your organs?
    Well, I went to a doc to get some info. (Lipo doctor) I'm little embarrassed even to say. I'm not that fat but my stomach is bulgy, I see some abs but my stomach still sticks out. From what he told me my body didnt have that much subcutaneous fat, but more visceral fat which was pushing my stomach out. He told me the only real way to get at it was to diet. I was just wondering what could aid me at targeting it. I think it might be some genetic trait or somthing. Everyone on my dads side of the family has a beer belly but hardly any of them drink beer at all.

I wouldnt be getting rid of the fat just lowering the amount that the fat cells contain. I understand it is needed.

Just listen to the doctor. That means DIET.

If you don't have that much Sub-Q fat, then it stands to reason that you'll lose Visceral fat when you cut.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee