The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Classic Bodybuilding journal

One of the main principles in the early days of bodybuilding was high reps, specially among Arnold Schwarzenegger, in this Journal that goes from 11 of june to 13 of august, I will follow a very high rep scheme based on what Arnold explains in one of his books.

This journal is about one thing, the quest for Size, yes my friend size matters in this journal, becoming a bit leaner will also be an objective, strength is not important.

This will also be quite weird, since I have always done 3-4reps in every exercise.

But its SummerHoliday tomorrow and I can sleep and rest all day long, I am not going on any vacation this year, so I welcome the high reps to enter my muscle.

( I will also concentrate on great form in this journal )

Here is what I will follow, and god damn its gonna be some hard trainings too, Rock will gather his viking spirit that sits deep from ancient times, to give this training program a divine edge.

Monday : Shoulders, Chest and Biceps

Shoulders :
    Seated barbell shoulder press 1x15, 2x12
    lateral raize - 3x12

Chest :
    Lying dumbell presses 4x12
    lying pec flies - ( no I am not lying) 4x12(oooh...cha ching!)

Biceps :
    Preacher curl 15x10 ( hehe, just kidding) 5x10

thats 50 reps in the preacher right there, and I am gonna be preachin it too! GNNNNN, argh! urk!! grrr!

Wednesday(wheres the wedding?) - legs and traps

squat 4x15
    deadlifts 2x20

Thursday : abs and calves

weighted sit ups and standing calf raizes - 2x20 on both

Friday : Back and trieps

pulldown 4x12
    standing bent over rows 4x12

french press 4x15
    pushdowns 2x20

Thats it, it starts tomorrow on thursday, so an update will be given already tomorrow, with comments and news flash, stay tuned!
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

silly rock - wednesday - is really Woden's day. what kind of viking are you?

anyhoo - wednesday sesison is gonna suck. in a good way.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

It's about time you started a journal. Good luck on your quest to get huge.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

thanks! Tryska I know, I was just horsing around
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

Re: Classic Bodybuilding journal

Originally posted by Rock

This journal is about one thing, the quest for Size, yes my friend size matters in this journal, becoming a bit leaner will also be an objective, strength is not important.
    Hey, sounds good to me.

BTW, as you surely know, Arnold also trained everything three times per week.

Here is my adaption of one of Arnold's routines:
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...ine#post203818

We tend to think of Sisyphus as a tragic hero, condemned by the gods to shoulder his rock sweatily up the mountain, and again up the mountain, forever. The truth is that Sisyphus is in love with the rock. He cherishes every roughness and every ounce of it. He talks to it, sings to it. It has become the mysterious Other. He even dreams of it as he sleepwalks upward. Life is unimaginable without it, looming always above him like a huge gray moon. He doesn’t realize that at any moment he is permitted to step aside, let the rock hurtle to the bottom, and go home.

Parables and Portraits, Stephen Mitchell

ah thank you, but Arnold also used something I dont.

Good luck w/ the journal and your goals, rock.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

Originally posted by Rock
    ah thank you, but Arnold also used something I dont.
    If you're not training to failure all the time, that's not an issue.

But, of course, you should do what you think will work best.

Good luck.

We tend to think of Sisyphus as a tragic hero, condemned by the gods to shoulder his rock sweatily up the mountain, and again up the mountain, forever. The truth is that Sisyphus is in love with the rock. He cherishes every roughness and every ounce of it. He talks to it, sings to it. It has become the mysterious Other. He even dreams of it as he sleepwalks upward. Life is unimaginable without it, looming always above him like a huge gray moon. He doesn’t realize that at any moment he is permitted to step aside, let the rock hurtle to the bottom, and go home.

Parables and Portraits, Stephen Mitchell

thanks guys!

Good luck with the new program rock.

I see a lotta stuff like that on dave draper's site too. High sets and medium to high reps, keep us posted on how it goes.

Good Luck man!
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

Thanks Chasey

12 of june.

I had a dream last night, the dream was about a thing that enters my mind more and more latley, its called Steroids.
    In the dream I was taking them, and I was getting big and lean, it was all nice and comfortable, I didnt see any side effects.

I woke up and I thought...steroids...or no steroids...steroids or no steroids...steroids or no steroids...damnit, and I still think like that.

I was a bad mother fu***er at school today, like Shaft bad mother foker, I had an examn and scored a 100%, the highest score at my school for this exam, ooooohhh give me some mo! that was the bestes feeling.

Scenario :

Rock walks in to get to know his exam score, two teachers sit there and tell Rock, you got a 100% congratulations.

funky music appears, Shaft walks in, and says, yousa baaad white boy, and Rock said, hell yeah shaft.

And then the typical 70s bad ass movie angle, the camera starts off with showing the funky shoes and then they film up to the face, and thats how It was, and then funky music, and...oh I was hotter then a rollin dice.

Eating : A bad day for eating

yup, before my exam I had a bowl of oatmeal and light milk, 5 hours later no meals, I came home, ate 10eggs and 1 bowl of oatmeal and fell asleep, woke up 5 hours later and ate some slices of pizza and 3 bananas and 300grams of peanuts, and god damn it takes a long time eating so many peanuts

Training :

I fell a sleep, just plain tired....blahh, but tomorrow I will train with greater fury.

Comments :

Horney as a son of a bi***, its extreme, its not human to be so sexually "engaged", but I guess its good for my hormon levels.

what am I trying to do here.....am I going to be the best natural bodybuilder in the world, or will I take steroids and be a medium bodybuilder, I might not be anything. My arms have good size now, I dont think they measure all that much, but the muscle bellies are suited for bodybuilding I think, hope so.

LOL, that's one of the best journal entries ever! Awesome!

Good luck with your goals man! Sounds like you know what you're doing.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Well, did the Vikings have steroids? That's what you have to ask yourself...

P.S. I think "fury" is something I need to add more of in my training as well.
    Last edited by Scott S; 06-12-2003 at 02:32 PM.

Scott...true..but then again they did actually use dope to become stronger and wilder.

Homeyield, thanks man, there will be alot of weird comments in this journal.

Alright, got up kind of late this morning, around early noon.

ate oatmeal and light milk for breakfast at 12

ate 1 banana and 7eggs at 14.00

trained from 14.40 to 17.40

Training :

I did 4 sets of 12 reps with the pulldown

then bent over rows with 225lbsx12x4, like really far bent over, could feel pain all over my back, but who cares.

then french press 4x12, 45kgs, not so much, blæh...kind of crappy sets, pain all over.

then triceps pushdown, I really did balls to the walls on this one, screamed and turned and twisted and look like a mad man on the last reps, the weight is not given on the machine, so no point of writing that here.

then close grips bench press 225lbsx7 and that three times

Felt really pumped, arms felt like they were in the 47-48range, but ofcourse a major pump after a carb drink lies like pinoccio.

Under the push down sets, this one dude said " ah that felt gooood right", and I was thinking, christ, whos this guy...sure it felt good mate, and he responded, it feelt gooood indeed, I was getting freaked out by that dude, god man, SHUT UP FREAKO.

after workout meal, 3 chili dogs, 7eggs, and a little pasta and some milk.

The last part of my training was execellent, and I wore a short sleave tight t-shirt to show of my pump to the girlies on the way home, I had my discman and had ac\dc on it, and I was feeling like a million dollars, then the feeling faded away, and another day is over.

good job rocky Post some pics after aug 13
    Blocka Blocka

I am AMINAL

I will!

I was just invited to a party, like a high class party, with 23-24year olds, all pretty rich and stuff...woohaa, this is weird.....me kinda nervous about this.

just show some confidence be yourself and have fun
    Blocka Blocka

I am AMINAL

well the big "grown up party" was nice, talked to alot of them, was a cool night, I danced my famous disco dance and then theyb we left for town, I was drunk as drunk can be, and they didnt let me in on the 24years bars, and then I went to a 18year old bar place, hooked up with some girls I know, had a good time.

When I got home, a page popped up with this sex telephone number, and I was so drunk I was like, yeah sure, and I called it just for fun, and it was me and some farmer talking to this girl, and I was like, jeez this is to lame, god damn you idiot Rock.

I was invitied home to a girl, not this monday, but next monday, but damnit I have a girlfriend, damn...what do I do now...It never gets easy,

i love you stein
    Pup, in reference to me: "he's like Budiak...but worse"

Budiak: "Statistically I've gained almost an inch on my arms...but thats just theory, and we know what theory gets us. Thats right. Communism."

BigChaseyChase: "Cutting, there will not be!"

sir millard mulch: "I could probably punch some chick really hard at this point"

Galileo - "Someday maybe I'll be able to use the big boy weights like RG570."

you do...well, I guess thats all good then

stein 4 prez!!!
    Pup, in reference to me: "he's like Budiak...but worse"

Budiak: "Statistically I've gained almost an inch on my arms...but thats just theory, and we know what theory gets us. Thats right. Communism."

BigChaseyChase: "Cutting, there will not be!"

sir millard mulch: "I could probably punch some chick really hard at this point"

Galileo - "Someday maybe I'll be able to use the big boy weights like RG570."

a healthy protein enriched is crucial for achieving your goalds....Good luck! sounds like high reps should be fun....
    "Don't take life too serious, you'll never get out alive."-Van Wilder

Monday : Shoulders, Chest and Biceps

Shoulders :
    Seated barbell shoulder press 60kgsx15, 70xkgs12
    lateral raize -15kgsx12

Chest :
    incline Lying dumbell presses 100lbsx12, I got help on the 2 last reps, bad I admit form was not too good, as my back was pretty arched, but I felt that I was tired in the shoulders.
    incline lying pec flies - 22,kgsx12x5, I dont care what no one says, this is the chest mass exercise number one.

Biceps :
    Preacher curl 55kgsx10x5

Comment :

I felt good...yeah...morning was crap, had a boner that wouldnt go down, at had to wait like 2hours extra because of that.

I woke up kind off in shock, Since I remembered what I did at a bar saturday night, and I mastrubated a girl, but I didnt know that until I woke up monday morning, and I was like yeah Stein wohooo! at was already weird, and it happend right there in middle of the bar.

its weird world.
    Last edited by Rock; 06-16-2003 at 02:40 PM.