Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gym Etiquette ... Which type are you??

Those types of people is why I left the "fitness" gym in my neighborhood and set up a home gym.
    I am cool beyond all natural explanation.

Originally posted by NateDogg
    Why not ask them if you can work in? If they say no, then get annoyed
    Ya they would probably let me/anyone else, but it's just inconvenient to have to roam around trying to find who is using what...ect.
    Making love to Mother Thumb and her four daughters.

Join My Odyssey

They're old enough to drive they're old enough to get driven. - VitalRemains
    Mmmmm twins. Double the pleasure double the fun, look out girls cause here I come! - VR Again
    From the pages of our Lord and Savior, Jeebus :alcoholic

Originally posted by Ed C.
    Those types of people is why I left the "fitness" gym in my neighborhood and set up a home gym.
    Far to expensive for the likes of me. It'd be nice though. More for convenience than anything. Be able to work out at any time I want, as opposed to right now when I am at the mercy of the people who are driving. If they don't go, I don't go.

Join My Odyssey

Mmmmm twins. Double the pleasure double the fun, look out girls cause here I come! - VR Again

a while ago i was waiting for a machine, and i stood around a bit.

this pretty big turk fighter bb was training legs on the hack. he was grunting and moaning as he pushed out his last few reps.
    the last 2 reps or so, for a mere few seconds, i looked at him.

when he finished he got in my face yelling at me, that he was freaking tired of me and i needed to mind my own damn business and just piss off. I told him i only looked, only for a few secs, and walked off.

this guy has the IQ of a mop and some serious fighting ability and a short fuse, so hes not the kind i want as an enemy. last time in the gym, he was training oh press with the barbell. behind the neck. with the setup in my gym this is very hard to do without a spotter. i was using the squat rack next to it. i was in between sets and asked if he needed a spot.

he pretended i was air completely, and i just continued to train legs.

minute later he was asking around the gym for a spot and got one.

that some pathetic **** or what
    Last edited by Reinier; 06-15-2003 at 04:11 PM.

Originally posted by Reinier
    a while ago i was waiting for a machine, and i stood around a bit.

this pretty big turk fighter bb was training legs on the hack. he was grunting and moaning as he pushed out his last few reps.
    the last 2 reps or so, for a mere few seconds, i looked at him.

when he finished he got in my face yelling at me, that he was freaking tired of me and i needed to mind my own damn business and just piss off. I told him i only looked, only for a few secs, and walked off.

this guy has the IQ of a mop and some serious fighting ability and a short fuse, so hes not the kind i want as an enemy. last time in the gym, he was training oh press with the barbell. behind the neck. with the setup in my gym this is very hard to do without a spotter. i was using the squat rack next to it. i was in between sets and asked if he needed a spot.

he pretended i was air completely, and i just continued to train legs.

minute later he was asking around the gym for a spot and got one.

that some pathetic **** or what
    That is pretty bloody pathetic. What does this guy have against you? Or is he just a lunatic?

Join My Odyssey

Toughest Man in the World Bruise Brubaker's Avatar
    The next time you see that guy in the gym just make him have a "terrible" accident.

Just kill him while he is grunting so nobody will notice.

I have the luck to work out in a small gym where people aren't as stupid as in those fitness centers.

I'm the quiet and quick guy. I go in with my gym partner and we just do our thing then leave within an hour. I rarely socialize unless someone comes up and ask bout my workout.

I'm the same. I got with my 2 or 3 gym-mates, and we do our exercises and leave. Not much time is wasted. But since there are a few of us generally doing the same shiat, it takes about 90 mins to get our normal day done.

Join My Odyssey

Wannabebig Member
    Im new to body building but ive been training in the gym for years and the worse ones are the two guys who sit on one machine for 35 minutes chatting between sets. I get the urge to go over and ask them if they would like me to bring them a blanket and pillow.
    6 ft tall

1st Aug : 172lbs - Seriously cut
    5th dec : 193 lbs - lost definition around waist. Slight loss of mobility in mid section.
    24th feb: 211 lbs - Has anyone seen my abs? I seem to have lost them.
    29th April : 200 lbs and Ive seen sightings of my abs!

i work at a gym, my worst pet peeves is when people do not strip their weights or leave dumbels laying around. that is extremly weak and a lack of good judgement. do the people who do that think they are better than everyone else? it FU*king pisses me off to the fullest! i would love to give them a piece of me or my mind any day. little Bi*ches!

decease, RIP
    Man I work out at the perfect gym. Everyone replaces the weight, usually in the right order too (smallest weight on the outside). No yelling or slamming weights, never have to wait for anything. Everyone I have seen trains seriously... the list goes on. But it's a little to perfect and when my membership expires I will probably go back to the fitness center I used to work out in wich is pretty much the opposite.
    big.