Thread: got gym equipment and need help

got gym equipment and need help

well, i havent been around here for awhile, but weight lifting hasn't left my mind, so im back still wanting to shape a nice body

just yesterday, i bought a unit for 200 bucks and think i got a pretty smokin deal. here's what i got:

-bench press with adjustable incline
    -dip bars
    -shoulder press
    -squat rack (alittle uncomfortable coming off the back of the bench press)
    -leg curls
    -lateral pull down bar
    -preacher's curl
    -olympic bar
    -deadlifts
    -EZ bar
    -adjustable dumbells
    - 4 '50' pound plates, 4 '25 pound plates, 14 '10' pound plates, 4 '7.5' pound plates, 4 '5' pound plates and 6 '2.5' plates.

thats about it, and if your thinking its junk, your wrong, all metal plates and 3" tubing for the frame.

anyways, enough FYI and my question is, whats a good solid routine with the above equipment?

here's what im thinking: *all these exercises are executed in order and only at an 80% intensity as im just starting out, therefore not to faliure.

monday - chest, bi's and tri's - bench press, 3 sets of 8-10
    - dips, 2 sets of 15-20
    - tricep extensions, 3 sets of 8-10
    - dumbell curls. 3 sets or 8-10

wednesday - legs - squat and leg curls supersetted twice

friday - Back, bi's, shoulders - wide grip OH chins, 2 sets of 10-12
    - bent over row, 3 sets of 8-10
    - shrugs, 3 sets of 10
    - shoulder press, 3 sets of 8-10

a few more concerns i have is deadlifts; when can i fit those in? i was thinking just doing deads on saturday or sunday. also, how can i work my calfs?

any suggestions on how to better the routine or anything at all would greatly help me and feel more confident about what im doing.

thanks
    my goals: gain weight and muscle mass

Congrats on building your own Dungeon.

Drop Biceps on monday, and just work them good on friday.

For calves you can do Standing BB calf raises in teh rack.

one day just for deads on the weekend........dunno if that'd be good or bad. I'd say try it and see how it works for you.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

thanks patrick, its great to have equipment at home.

that was a typo with the bi's in twice, im going to stick with bi's only on monday.

lots of people i thought do deads, on its own day, cause i know it burns my forearms so bad on my back day that i cant do anything else.

if anyone has some suggestions for HIT since working out is more accessable for me, i'd like to hear a good routine to start on for HIT. could i do everything above just for one set, 3 or 4 times a week? not to faliure i think too for HIT?

come on guys, how the f*ck does this look?

should i go ahead with this or not, i need mass, im only 160lbs.

Are these high in protein? AlexBBbegginer's Avatar
    i think SP means you should drop the bis from your chest and tri workout since back and bis are the best combo.

Id personally swap the shrugs for deadlifts and throw in wide grip chins for friday.

Shoulders go with triceps and chest cos dips and bench both hit your shoulders too. OH press is good choice of lift btw, doesnt strain your RC and ive got amazing results on my shoulders in the last 3 weeks from that lift.

If youre wondering about how u can do chins without a chin up bar, EASY!!

take the lat pulldown bar off the clips, so you should just have the bar with the bent down ends.

Now take the cable from the lat tower (you normally get 2 one for the top and one for the bottom, you wont need the bottom for your routine)
    Now use that as something to use as a strong loop...

THE HARD PART!

find something 5'-6' off the ground to wrap it round
    I use my back door frame cos its solid wood, but u might find something indoors that will support you.

TAAADAAA! a chin up bar!

just bend your knees to miss the ground!

GL youve got a good taste in lifts, i like it!
    One the road to 180lbs...

7.5lbs gained in 3 weeks!

Are these high in protein? AlexBBbegginer's Avatar
    OOOHH almost didnt see!

Drop your reps to 6, this makes it heavy and intense

Rest for 3 mins between sets, otherwise you will die halfway through the set

And add weight each set (3-5lbs)

Should take you less than 1 hr to do 3-4 lifts like that.
    One the road to 180lbs...

7.5lbs gained in 3 weeks!

Have you checked out the WBB1 workout? It seems like you have all the necessary equipment to do it.
    My Journal
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,...Cuz I'm the baddest motherf***er in the valley!
    "The wait in the dressing room before a boxing match --that last hour -- would be enough to strip a man that never boxed before of whatever Pride, Desire, and Heart he THOUGHT he had" -John Scully
    "It takes no effort to be ordinary. Ordinary is not even a challenge. You can do nothing and be ordinary."- Bernard Hopkins