Thread: I need a work out routine, care to help me out?

Wannabebig Member

I need a work out routine, care to help me out?

Hey guys, so here's the deal...

I'm about 5'7", about 130lbs, 15 years old and need to muscle up this summer, it's my goal. I am not too informed on what the best exercises and such are for getting the results I want, so maybe if I tell you what I'm hoping to increase you can point out what would be good.

-Defined abs, large (who doesn't want em :P)
    -Increased arm muscle, mass and such

That's pretty much all I want to work on, upper body strength. It's like I was born half gifted, my lower body is definitly strong and looks the way I want it to, but my upper body lacks a lot. That's where you guys come in, what are the best ways on working these? I'm prepared to take supplements down the line but for now I just want to get into a good eating habbit and good workouts. Supplements can come in once I know I'm in the right path.

What foods do you recommend I eat each day? I am prepared to eat anything, whether I like it or not. As long as it's going to help me get what I want, then it's definitly worth it to me.

I don't know what else to ask, so maybe if theres some more stuff you need to know you could tell me, and I'll be more clear as to what I mean. Another thing, I am definitly going to include running a lot in my exercises. I hear that's great for abs, and I'm quite a damn good runner anyways so why not? That's all, hope you guys can help me get on the right path to being big. Thanks very much for any advice in advance!

next time read the sticky at the top, this forum is for the wbb.com routines, if you post in the training forum it would have much more responses, but to save you some time, look into the wannabebig.com routines:

http://www.wannabebig.com/archive.php?catid=4
    http://www.wannabebig.com/category.php?cat=4

use the search function as well, and read through threads
    My profile picture is about 5 years old, I'll get around to taking some progress pics eventually.

Wannabebig Member

Re: I need a work out routine, care to help me out?

Originally posted by Nightfire
    Hey guys, so here's the deal...

I'm about 5'7", about 130lbs, 15 years old and need to muscle up this summer, it's my goal. I am not too informed on what the best exercises and such are for getting the results I want, so maybe if I tell you what I'm hoping to increase you can point out what would be good.

-Defined abs, large (who doesn't want em :P)
    -Increased arm muscle, mass and such

That's pretty much all I want to work on, upper body strength. It's like I was born half gifted, my lower body is definitly strong and looks the way I want it to, but my upper body lacks a lot. That's where you guys come in, what are the best ways on working these? I'm prepared to take supplements down the line but for now I just want to get into a good eating habbit and good workouts. Supplements can come in once I know I'm in the right path.

What foods do you recommend I eat each day? I am prepared to eat anything, whether I like it or not. As long as it's going to help me get what I want, then it's definitly worth it to me.

I don't know what else to ask, so maybe if theres some more stuff you need to know you could tell me, and I'll be more clear as to what I mean. Another thing, I am definitly going to include running a lot in my exercises. I hear that's great for abs, and I'm quite a damn good runner anyways so why not? That's all, hope you guys can help me get on the right path to being big. Thanks very much for any advice in advance!
    Good to see a fellow teen wanting to improve their body!
    You should do some browsing before going to the gym however, here are a few articles that helped me how when I was trying to find out a bit more about getting big.
    Try looking for a few articles on supplements and vitamins, and for the routine I recommend you give the Wannabebig routine a try, it isn't to long, I haven't been practicing it for long, but I'm already feeling gains.

For food, just be sure to eat the number of your goal weight (the weight on your goal list which you should probably think up of, IE: In 6 months I'dd like to be so and so etc.) in grams by protein, so lets say you want to be 200lbs in 1 year (possible? I don'yt know.) you should consume about 200 grams of protein a day.
    Anyone else correct me if I'm wrong, but you'dd be surprised how easy it is to consume protein, one can of tuna is about 25 grams of protein, so you have about 1/8th of your protein in one can of tuna. Check various products nutrition chart, and try to stay away from any processed foods. Oh and also drink lots of water.

Well, thats all I can tell you, since I'm also new at this, but hopefully you'll feel as a ccomplished as I do when I finish a work out!