Thread: I need the go ahead concerning WBB#1

Hybrid View

I need the go ahead concerning WBB#1

hi all,

I'm currently back into lifting weights and didnt know where to start for a routine so i checked out the WBB#1 and like it; although i rearranged it alittle.

those of you familiar with the routine, (im not going to post it here) i reaaranged it abit, so i have chest, tri's and shoulders together, legs i left alone and then i have back and bi's together. is this ok? how else could i do it? i dont wanna have chest and back together.

thanks
    my goals: gain weight and muscle mass

why not? it's designed that way!
    My profile picture is about 5 years old, I'll get around to taking some progress pics eventually.

well, SOK,

thay had chest with back on one day, and shoulders, bi's and tri's on another, which i didnt like at all so i rearranged it. i was just wondering if that was ok.

maybe it was a dumb question, its hard starting back in the gym again after you've had bad habits from the time before, you know.

well I don't see a problem except that the shoulders and especially triceps get hit pretty hard when you're bench pressing(chest), and they might be exhausted afterwards. same for biceps and back, biceps get worked in most pull movements so it might cause fatigue.
    My profile picture is about 5 years old, I'll get around to taking some progress pics eventually.

thanks SOK,

i wasnt really sure of that cause most people around here like their chest and tri's together and their back and bi's together, but i dont see why you would wanna hit your chest and back on the same day... two big muscle like that.

im confused and it seems the more i read the more confused i get. so how does switching just the back with tri's on the WWB#1 rountine sound to you SOK?
    Last edited by someoneunlikeyo; 06-15-2003 at 02:38 AM.

You likely won't be able to get the maximum benefit from your bis and tris if you do them on chest days. You'll be overworking them on the same day.

Chest and back are opposing muscle groups, so it's easy to work both on the smae day without a problem.

But as with any other routine, whatever you find works best for you is the best. No sense doing it if you're not going to stick with it.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

heading to 195
    do you, but I've been doing WBB1 and I believe it's going really well..

thanks drew,

yeah, i think im going to stick with... i dont know what you call it, but some what supersetting the same muscles in one day, like chest and tri's.

snow, im unsure what your asking, are you talking to me or drew?