The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 114 of 559 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164214 ... LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 13953
    And well you should be my man, good work as always!

I want some of what you're taking dude!!! Ship it to me!

the lil engine that could chops's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dissipate
    HS shrugs - what is HS?
    i think HS = hammer strength, the type of machine. i'm sure someone will chime in if i'm wrong.

Bulking Sith Knight Stephen Riddington's Avatar
    Nice work on those three sessions. Keep it up.
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Hockey is murder on ice-Jim Murray
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

Three sessions in a row, now that's what I'm talking about
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

great sessions cocoa i wouldnt expect anything else...
    PRs
    bp-295x2, 225x15 squat-405x3
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

All hail mase, the king of homosexual reference. - xian
    Pfffff. I've had jerk off sessions more intense than that workout. StackAttack in reference to CanadianCripplers w/o

Fuzzy Pics 6/07 http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=98659

strong sessions man, rep 700+ for hacks, 300+ for inclines, and +135 for pullups.

Sorry for being negative, but do you think your progress will ever slow down? i.e. plateau?
    Life isn't like Burger King, you can't always have it your way.

It has to at some point.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

ahahhaha animal....ANIMAL
    My Journal!

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength."
    Arnold Schwarzenegger

"I just use my muscles as a conversation piece, like someone walking a cheetah down 42nd Street."
    Arnold Schwarzenegger

"It's simple, if it jiggles, it's fat."
    Arnold Schwarzenegger

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    Yes, I am surprised you haven't plateau'd yet. I always thought it was near impossible not to plateau sometime on a journy like this!
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Great work co.

Damn man, awesome sessions as usual. Lateral Raises lookin insane. I know one day I want to be able to straight arm lateral the 50s for 10, but I know I'll have to get MUCH bigger than I am now to do it.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Dissipate - TheGimp - Wikked1 - Chops - Homer - Manveet - Mase
    John0101 - Maki - TheSicilian - CanadianCrippler - Bill - ChubRock
    Thought it would be a great idea to bring the calves into the mix a little more, and yeah I know - gotta start doing them abs soon as well...HS = Hammer Smith equipment, lol.

Its not negative to think that I am near a peak, plateaus are inevitable but you know how I do it - ...I'll find a way to raise the bar and keep this whole thing fresh and interesting, just some of the moves may climb slower if at all and I can always get the reps in like crazy too...Thanks everyone for the replies, what a great bunch of people you all are to keep the props coming...no wonder my journal is #1 -

January 20, 2005 - THURSDAY

bike/treadmill - 10 minutes each

LEGS

HACK SQUATS
    270 x 6, 360 x 6, 450 x 6, 540 x 6, 630 x 6, 730 x 5

CALF RAISES on leg press
    420 x 25, 450 x 15, 450 x 20

SEATED LEG CURLS
    120 x 15, 180 x 6, 200 x 5

treadmill/bike - 10 minutes each

Last edited by Coke; 01-21-2005 at 07:26 AM.

It's "#1" because some of your journal entries are suspect.
    Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

I wannabebig!
    great leg session cocoa

Strong leg workout there man.

hahah maki is so subtle.

anyway, good work cocoa... how have you avoided to hit any plateaus during all this time? youre progress is pretty damn consistent man.

btw, youve been pretty lucky too... all the heavy weights and no injuries!
    Last edited by debussy; 01-22-2005 at 04:37 PM.

Sorry Cocoa. Keep on lifting brotha.
    Last edited by Maki Riddington; 01-23-2005 at 01:37 PM.
    Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

The Art of Judo

I'm wondering man, how do you not plateau without recording down your diet? I find unless I up my cals a few hundred every month or two, I stop making good gains. I'm sure someone like yourself who has made such awesome gains naturally, even more so than most powerlifters on AAS, records this stuff down right?

Great last session by the way, hacking 730 is insane! Whats your weight like nowadays?
    Last edited by Canadian Crippler; 01-22-2005 at 06:15 PM.

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Good work CoCOa! Nice increases in the hacks!
    When you started out, (assuming you started with such low weight, haha) did you put trainer plates on the bar for hack squats? I think I might do that next time, I just noticed some in the gym the other day. They're just wooden plates the same size as the big 20kg plates, they'll help keep the bar clear of my ankles....?
    Last edited by TTT; 01-22-2005 at 07:18 PM.

great session cocoa hacks and calves are impressive as always...

and to everyone who keeps posting negative stuff in here, if you dont believe him dont read and dont post simple as that.. his lifts are not the best in the world or even close( no offense cocoa) he does his hacks on a machine and ive seen a couple dudes at my gym hit 7pps for 8 reps or more so its not that hard to believe... you know there are quite a few people i find suspect but you dont see me belittling them and saying there fake or whatever cause i keep my comments like taht to myself.. and IMHO i think most of you should too..
    PRs
    bp-295x2, 225x15 squat-405x3
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

All hail mase, the king of homosexual reference. - xian
    Pfffff. I've had jerk off sessions more intense than that workout. StackAttack in reference to CanadianCripplers w/o

Fuzzy Pics 6/07 http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=98659

Awesome work as always my friend. You needs to get back to some free weights though.

In Coke's defense, he has had platue's and been slightly injured before. It's just hard to remember while you're reading the poundages he's using for his lifts, lol. I also second everything Mase said.
    My Journal
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,...Cuz I'm the baddest motherf***er in the valley!
    "The wait in the dressing room before a boxing match --that last hour -- would be enough to strip a man that never boxed before of whatever Pride, Desire, and Heart he THOUGHT he had" -John Scully
    "It takes no effort to be ordinary. Ordinary is not even a challenge. You can do nothing and be ordinary."- Bernard Hopkins

wonder if cocoa looks like "the green mile" guy. that guy is HUGE.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Crippler
    Those hacks are up 90 lbs from last month.

the lil engine that could chops's Avatar
    *makes mental note to watch green mile * it's amusing to come in here and see all the dubious comments repeat themselves, when many times i've followed other threads where the prevalent train of thought is "worry about your own lifts".
    Last edited by chops; 01-23-2005 at 12:07 PM.