The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 115 of 559 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165215 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,875 of 13953
    Maki - RYU - StackAttack - Debussy - CanadianCrippler - TTT - Mase - Bruteman - Dissipate - Chops
    I have a cousin who is 7 years my senior who went to live with his older brother in California and although he wasn't gone for a real long time, when he came back home he had some added size and I was impressed - Obviously he knew it because he gave me a can of protein and one of those magazines...I practically begged my father for a set of weights and he relented because I rarely asked for anything at all, I could hardly move the bar by itself, lol...As I became of age I joined the 'Fitness Center' for a few years but wanted the more serious enviroment going on at Gold's, I knew the score though and it was obvious in the bathroom with the syringes and all...I've gone to 3 gyms that have closed, one of them had us waiting outside with a sign on the door, people were pissed...As I stated before I am at the Powerhouse Gym, it has been just over a couple of years now but I decided to keep a record of my sessions. I then chose to share them with you all here after lurking the site for a moment. I have done well indeed and this is a great journal if I must say so myself. I had 2 journals before this one and they were ok, a prelude of sorts.

Throughout the years I've been constant but sporadic at best and I became a pro at restarting a plan...I was always one to tell those close to me 'I have a new program' till they finally told me 'what else is new?' and we'd laugh about it...The consistency and habitual way that I now get into the gym is unbelievable but it happens after a time, my energies began to work in the yoke - it is great!!

I worked out too hard and long over the years to fabricate my efforts...and yes, my hacks did move up 90lbs the past month but it is apparent that I had been selling myself short the month(s) before - ...The fact that I have no video or even one picture to showcase my sessions should not make me 'suspect' and certainly I have reached some plateaus along the way, who hasnt?? What may be of interest is I plan to post something down the line, and I even know the day if I am blessed to see it (I do not know the hour though) -

I am glad someone has the sense to see that I do not possess the best lifts in the world and that I am still striving to move up the ladder and scale the heights - I am no different than anyone else on the board, I want to be all I can be...there is no way I am trying to impress anyone as was stated elsewhere in journal land (and I have the good taste not to say where) and to be honest about it I was hurt over that implication as well.

The Green Mile was not a bad movie - and no I ain't as big as that dude either - ...Thanks for the recognition and great show of support, some of you are too kind and most of you are magnificent indeed!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 21, 2005 - FRIDAY

treadmill - 18 min.

CHEST & DELTS/TRICEPS

INCLINE BB PRESS
    185 x 6, 225 x 6, 275 x 6, 315 x 4

DB LATERAL RAISES
    50 x 6, 55 x 6, 60 x 6, 65 x 5

REVERSE GRIP CABLE PUSHDOWNS
    70 x 6, 75 x 6, 80 x 5, 85 x 5

bike - 18 min.

ONE ARM DB EXTENSIONS
    20 x 20, 25 x 15, 30 x 10

SHOULDER PRESS MACHINE
    70 x 15, 90 x 15, 110 x 10

CABLE CROSSOVERS
    75 x 15, 85 x 15, 95 x 15

treadmill - 18 min.

Jaunary 23, 2005 - SUNDAY

CALVES & CARDIO

SEATED CALF RAISES
    100 x 20, 115 x 15, 115 x 15

CALF RAISES on leg press
    580 x 20, 580 x 20, 670 x 15

STANDING ANGLED CALF RAISES
    300 x 10, 340 x 10, 380 x 10

elliptical/stairs/treadmill/bike - 7 minute intervals

Last edited by Coke; 01-25-2005 at 08:32 AM.

Great post Cocoa. Followed by some crazy workouts. Thats some serious incline benching.

Nice post. Nice workouts.

man this thing has been beaaten to death.

Just because coca makes a lot of strength gains ya'll (maki most prevalant) think he is faking. Why do you consistently have to come in here and belittle him like this? he is one of the nicest people on this board imo. he is always posting in other peoples journals and giving everyone else props. I know he has consistently supported me for the 16 months i have been here.which is more then i can say for many of the other long standing members here who wont even take 2 seconds to respond to my posts when i make them Cocoa to me exemplifie the spirit of this board, he is always giving advice and props (even to those who belittle him) Like mase said if you dont believe him then dont read. BUT stop polluting his journal for the others who believe him.

Once again COcoa you are the man...and one strong mofo...and I for one believe that you lift what you say you do for what that is worth.

WBB Member
    Nice inclines cocoa.

strong efforts, those inclines are awesome!
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Quote Originally Posted by briancurran01
    Once again COcoa you are the man...and one strong mofo...

good work mate lookin strong as usual.. cant wait for the next session
    PRs
    bp-295x2, 225x15 squat-405x3
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

All hail mase, the king of homosexual reference. - xian
    Pfffff. I've had jerk off sessions more intense than that workout. StackAttack in reference to CanadianCripplers w/o

Fuzzy Pics 6/07 http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=98659

i like your inclines cocoa! have you ever had difficulty with your chest being able to handle more weight with the DBs than your arms?

Bulking Sith Knight Stephen Riddington's Avatar
    Not knocking on you.. but your lifts may be insane, but it couldn't hurt post some pics. Nobody is asking to see your face, they just want to see your physique, and perhaps you could be the inspiration for some few to want be like you, regardless of genetics or drugs.

I think that's why some peeps have been picking on you.

And I do appreciate your props in my journal.
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Hockey is murder on ice-Jim Murray
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

315 on inclines? MAN I can't even manage 315 on decline damn it man that's spme big weight to be pushing. SOLID work!

It is a sad state that in WBB where most of my experience has been people supporting each other, that people have issues with what a person posts in HIS journal. CoCoa doesn't know me and doesn't need to impress me and thus I feel that what he posts is true. For us to belittle him because he does not post pictures of his physique is a bit childish. He has been nothing but supportive to people, just leave him be. I hope it is not due to the "He lifts more than me so it cant be true" mentality.

Michael Clark Duncan is a big Dude. Well just my 2 cents, I don't ? a person that has been on the board for awhile. Newbies maybe , maybe , I have been lifting a long time probably longer than most here and have seen some impressive stuff over that time. I use to question folks now, whats the use in that, what do I care. Thanks for your support as well Co.

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    Awesome lifts Cocoa! Your progression is truly amazing. You're an inspiration, mate, keep up the good work.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

StackAttack - TheGimp - BrianCurran01 - SpecialK - Cphafner - TTT - Mase
    Dissipate - CanadianHomer - Wikked1 - DouglasMolina - Bill - GynoRhino
    Maintained nicely on the inclines and will move up on them soon - I prefer bb's on those and other chest work, its just one of those things I need to be more versatile on.

There is plenty of sunshine over this way and nothing can be done to change that, and I never knew that I would find a hero or two amongst us - I am touched to the point of speechlessness!!

January 24, 2005 - MONDAY

BACK/TRAPS & BICEPS

V-BAR PULLDOWNS
    110 x 15, 180 x 10, 240 x 8, 300 x 5

ALTERNATE DB CURLS
    65 x 5, 70 x 5, 80 x 3, 80 x 4

DB BENT OVER LATERAL RAISES
    75 x 6, 85 x 5, 85 x 6

HS SHRUGS
    450 x 10, 540 x 8, 630 x 8

Last edited by Coke; 01-25-2005 at 10:08 AM.

Bulking Sith Knight Stephen Riddington's Avatar
    Another typical, crazy session from you, Cokemonster.
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Hockey is murder on ice-Jim Murray
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

80 lbs on the curls that's awesome! Some day I'll graduate to those! Nice work as always....oh and hey it's been one hell of a long time since you posted some nasty alcoholic concoction what's up with that???

Insane workout as always coke. Those bentover laterals are just nasty.

Pumping Iron @ Villy!
    It is clear that some people don't belive Cocoa on his lifts, and othes do, but for the ones that don't can you please post your weight, BF%, your diet, and pics. Its getting annoying people asking the same questions over and over. For once and for all, for your own sake, to stop getting hassled post some of the things I mentioned above. And if you don't have a scale I'm sure your gym has one. And if your don't have a camera borrow from a friend. I am truly tired of seeing repetive posts about your stats. So why don't you just tell the peeps, Cocoa!!@~! Personally Cocoa, I belive you man, but I think posting some of these things would help get other members too also believe!
    Last edited by Nito; 01-25-2005 at 04:18 PM.
    "Geneing Leans Green"

great job cocoa. i think i may steal your v-bar pull down for my back / bi on wendsday :-)
    PRs
    bp-295x2, 225x15 squat-405x3
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

All hail mase, the king of homosexual reference. - xian
    Pfffff. I've had jerk off sessions more intense than that workout. StackAttack in reference to CanadianCripplers w/o

Fuzzy Pics 6/07 http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=98659

Oh yea Coke, have I mentioned how much I HATE YOU AND YOUR LIFTS. HAHAHAH man, AWESOME session bro. Those lateral raises are friggin' insane. Great job.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

85 lb B/O raises, damn!
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Quote Originally Posted by Nito
    It is clear that some people don't belive Cocoa on his lifts, and othes do, but for the ones that don't can you please post your weight, BF%, your diet, and pics. Its getting annoying people asking the same questions over and over. For once and for all, for your own sake, to stop getting hassled post some of the things I mentioned above. And if you don't have a scale I'm sure your gym has one. And if your don't have a camera borrow from a friend. I am truly tired of seeing repetive posts about your stats. So why don't you just tell the peeps, Cocoa!!@~! Personally Cocoa, I belive you man, but I think posting some of these things would help get other members too also believe!
    I agree. A single photo with you holding a sign saying "Dear WBB, I can hack squat your whole family, regards CoCoa" would end the soap opera.

Sick lifts as always man, keep hittin it!
    Man, if he do but live within the light of high endeavors, daily spreads abroad his being armed with strength that cannot fail.

--Wordsworth

hahahaha i like your idea orbital!

Pumping Iron @ Villy!
    Quote Originally Posted by dissipate
    hahahaha i like your idea orbital!
    Wtf its my idea, don't steal my credit !@~
    "Geneing Leans Green"