The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 23 of 559 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123523 ... LastLast
    Dedicated - Mik - Wikked1 - Pruneman
    Thanks...you guys crack me up -

I've had the habit of taking 4 days off in a row these past months July-Aug-Sept-Oct...and usually I will try and play catch up, but not this time as I will skip legs and chest this week which is a definite first!

...expect to see some revamped sessions! -

Energizer Bunnie
    Originally posted by CoCoa
    alrighty then .

Heya cocoapuff....just wanted to thank you for your constant support in my journal...I really appreciate the positive vibes n stuff....so ThAnKs HeApS mUfFiN
    "Happiness is not an accident. Nor is it something you wish for. Happiness is something you design." Jim Rohn

A Work In Progress....II

DailyDiet

Looking forward to it! Are you changing your volume or lifts or what? Or are you gonna make us wait and see?

*shakes fist in CoCoa's direction*

Don't you make me wait and see! I'm very impatient!

SKIP LEGS?? Dude skip anything BUT legs!!! They are the body part every body skips out on first! Let's see the new stuff.....ASAP....enjoy the SKIP DAY dude!

Do that voodoo that he do
    Do it up, man. Come back rested and start killing it.

Be a man. Be awesome at it. Be proud of it. Beyond the Barbell

"Borris is correct. That sounds logical if you ask me."
    -galileo

the lil engine that could chops's Avatar
    Originally posted by Wikked1
    SKIP LEGS?? Dude skip anything BUT legs!!! They are the body part every body skips out on first! Let's see the new stuff.....ASAP....enjoy the SKIP DAY dude!
    legs are my fav part to work out. interesting observation is that generally, women usually like lower, men upper.

friday is around the corner. what's the drink of the week? i'm having whatever you're having

(i need a drink!)

I'm with Wikked here, dude, if I'm going to skip a day or two, I always look for a way to don legs and skip something else. A couple of days of is good, sometimes you just need a small break to get ready to keep going.
    Edgar V.

So you don't wanna get big, do you?

----------------------------------------

"If your arm measurement is currently 13 inches, you are worrying about the wrong things. Quit comparing to others, quit worrying about little details, get your ass in the gym, work as hard as you can, then go eat something. Repeat until huge." - Paul Stagg

"There is no miracle "look good" diet/pill other than determination and commitment" - geoffgarcia

"Freaking lift to get bigger, or stronger, or better at your damn sport, and quit worrying about weather or not your arm is 16 inches or 16.2 inches." - Paul Stagg

"If you want to look like Brad Pitt go run a marathon or something." - Severed Ties

I'm going to yell at you to do legs, because I might not look like a serious lifter if I didn't. (j/k)
    5-9 170

I'd recommend skipping legs if you're feeling worn out, or if you have to skip anything. They not only take the longest to recover (so can usually use the break), but they also hold their strength pretty well.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

Franjipani - Bruteman - Wikked1 - Borris - Chops - EdgarMex - Ryan1117 - Belial
    ...There are some really fine folks on board here, even the haters ain't too bad -

...I have not had a whole week off since sometime before my fabulous Chocolate Bar Journal began in June and I'm waiting till Sat to give myself an entire week away from the the gym -

check out this drink Frani - :

The Fran
    Ingredients: Spiced rum, Yukon Jack, Pepper sauce, Sour mix, Ice, Coca-Cola

Sounds like you're due for a wee break CoCoa. Good luck. I'm sure you'll come back stronger which means you'll make me look even weaker.

Enjoy your week off dude! Doesn't mean you can't have journal entries about something else does it?

the lil engine that could chops's Avatar
    "The Fran
    Ingredients: Spiced rum, Yukon Jack, Pepper sauce, Sour mix, Ice, Coca-Cola "

PEPPER sauce and coke, sour mix? i might need alka seltz

hmm, that tom collins is calling louder

Mik - Wikked1 - Chops
    Thanks, glad some peeps dropped by...here it is by special request and just for you Chops:

Tom Collins
    Ingredients: Gin, Lemon juice, Sugar, Club soda, Maraschino cherry, Orange

Holy siht man, I read a couple of pages, you gain strength FAST! Wow, im totally jealous. Good job never the less.
    Life isn't like Burger King, you can't always have it your way.

CoCoa is taking a week off?! *hands satan a winter jacket*
    I'll be looking forward to your next w/o. I've seen the workouts you rip off after a few days off. After a whole week you'll be bouncing 45's off the gym walls!
    My Journal
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,...Cuz I'm the baddest motherf***er in the valley!
    "The wait in the dressing room before a boxing match --that last hour -- would be enough to strip a man that never boxed before of whatever Pride, Desire, and Heart he THOUGHT he had" -John Scully
    "It takes no effort to be ordinary. Ordinary is not even a challenge. You can do nothing and be ordinary."- Bernard Hopkins

John0101 - Bruteman
    ...hey fellas, I just got back from the gym

October 12, 2003 - SUNDAY

LEGS

LEG PRESS
    200 X 6, 300 X 6, 400 X 3

STANDING LEG CURL
    60 X 5, 80 X 5, 90 X 4

ANGLED CALF RAISE
    300 X 6, 340 X 8

I felt weaker since I was off all week with cold symptoms...

Originally posted by John0101
    Holy siht man, I read a couple of pages, you gain strength FAST! Wow, im totally jealous. Good job never the less.
    I know what you mean lol, it must be the alcohol!

Wish I could be so weak! Nice workout bro'!
    My Journal
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,...Cuz I'm the baddest motherf***er in the valley!
    "The wait in the dressing room before a boxing match --that last hour -- would be enough to strip a man that never boxed before of whatever Pride, Desire, and Heart he THOUGHT he had" -John Scully
    "It takes no effort to be ordinary. Ordinary is not even a challenge. You can do nothing and be ordinary."- Bernard Hopkins

Yeah good workout Dude. Doing a little more moderate rep work I see....is this trend going to continue?

Dedicated - Bruteman - Wikked1 ...Hi Bros! -
    For the most part I don't know what is next, but I am starting to get into the diet aspects more...I am networking more in the gym too!

There are a couple of guys that have been encouraging me to enter the powerlifting meet here in November ...these boys say they have been watching me and believe I could take my weight class, but I am just not interested...

Autumnal Equinox
    Ingredients: Port, Grand Marnier, Amaretto

That's awesome CoCoa! Even if you're not interested that's quite a compliment. Don't let it swell your head too much bro. . What's your diet looking like?

Recently I have been trying the chicken, rice, potatoes fare and it is ok but there is not much hope on making gains the way I want with this type of eating...I would like to seriously bulk now! -

...I have no concrete plan bro but I will be gaining a little more than before! -

Bulk now, I command you!
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

There are a couple of guys that have been encouraging me to enter the powerlifting meet here in November ...these boys say they have been watching me and believe I could take my weight class, but I am just not interested...
    How much do you weigh?