The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 449 of 559 FirstFirst ... 349399439447448449450451459499549 ... LastLast
Results 11,201 to 11,225 of 13953
    Banned
    grats on the job terry, i am very happy for you. you should start adding some deads into your posterior/back work!

TJW
    Awesome work Coke! I can't believe you only take about a week off a year, considering how heavy you lift. Impressive stuff!

Congrats on the job that is great news Terry!!!!!! Another solid pull session coke too, and the time off is a good thing we all need to let our body rest from time to time.
    Success is achieved by doing a little more than you thought you could, and a lot more than anyone else.

Strong work brother!!!
    My Training Log
    My YouTube page
    Training by Tone Barbaccio
    New Dimensions Wellness & Education

Best geared meet @ 242
    1030SQ, 640BP, 685DL and 2355 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 242
    665SQ, 440BP, 727DL and 1815 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 275
    700SQ, 452BP, 722DL and 1874 total

Sponsored By:

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements
    Vanilla Gorilla

Your back work is always good so no surprises there really.

Love the rows!!
    Squat briefs only 625 @ 210
    Bench geared 525 @ 210
    Deadlift geared 650 @ 220

Captains of Crush #3

Building Mighty Mitts...

back work is looking sick as always, especially those heavy rows and chins! makes me think i should put more emphasis on my rows haha

eek... it's lil' Fixation! fixationdarknes's Avatar
    Beastly back work as always. Your consistency is inspiring man. Do you think I am missing out on anything by sticking with Ghetto Rows and not performing the more commonly-done Bent BB Rows?

Hope you are feeling refreshed from the rest, and congrats on the job!
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

Welcome back to the workforce.

LuNa
    Great back session, im loving the shrugs. Congrats on the job mate, thats great to hear!

I'm a little late to the part, but congratulations on the job. I'm hoping it doesn't take me too long to find employment after graduation. What part of the business world do you work in?
    Journal http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...us-Consistency

Consistency is the key to success within this sport...

It's good to read the journal of someone who doesn't know what "hiatus" means when it comes to lifting! You inspire my friend.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

You are just a beast.

Wow man...in 7 years, you've never taken more then a week off....that's damn impressive!!!! You have some great dedication, and it shows in the numbers that you're putting up too.

Congrats on the job too, although it sucks having to go back to work I'm sure.
    How to Find Your Dream Job
    My personal blog/website dedicated to giving answers on the age old question - how to escape the "rat race". I now play guitar for a living!

Your rows are always inspiring Coke.
    My Training Log

You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit. - Jim Wendler

Some serious lifting Coke. I am suprised you don't do deadlifts. With your back strength you could probably pull some big weight.

The Highland Brawler Geometheus's Avatar
    Coke I am glad to hear you are back in the workforce. I also just finished up a long "dry spell" and I am sure it is a great feeling. I look forward to seeing your strong workouts continue as well.
    ~G~
    Best Raw Lifts Former/Current: 445/505 SQ, 425/345 BP, 530/425 DL
    My training log.... on the way back up with new focus
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=130681

Are we going to have another hoss workout posted today?

Just noticed that the weight I worked up to on BB Shrugs for 6 reps is 20lbs lighter and 2 reps short of where you STARTED. Then for kicks you threw on another 110lbs. You are a monster....
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

StLRPh - MuscleG - JohnO - Phillip - Force - Rob - Jeff - Brian - NickAus - Keaffer14 - Fix
    Joey54 - RvN - Scott - SW - IronWill727 - Brihead301 - Pete22 - NickP8 - Geometheus

I work as a Systems Administrator and started on the ground floor so to speak, I fell into this line of work by accident and I do have mixed feelings about it now, reason being is so many of the jobs in my field are being outsourced to folks from India, which is what happened at my last job. I was there for 11 years and it was great there while it lasted.

The atmosphere, or should I say enviroment, where I am at now is outstanding, although my pay is just below what I was making before but I was the lead guy at the previous joint. One thing I'd like to note here, I grew more individually within the past year than I did in the previous 2 or 3 years combined. Just goes to show that we build more character and substance during out most challenging times.

Needed a few extra days but now I'm ready to go into a newer phase to keep evolving with this project. Yes, I am well aware that deads would help to complete the landscape over this way and I will at least try, even though I will more likely add in the rack deads again instead.

Much props to those who compete in any athletic endeavor, either win or lose...there are no true losers though imo, all are winners just for making the scene. Where it all concerns me is I'd rather just keep doing what I do in the gym and just look the part.

July 18, 2010 - SUNDAY

LEGS

SQUATS
    185 x 6, 255 x 6, 325 x 6, 395 x 6

DONKEY CALF RAISES
    360 x 15, 360 x 15, 360 x 15

STANDING SINGLE LEG CURLS
    60 x 8, 60 x 8, 60 x 8

Went to see the newly released Inception movie Friday, just had to see this one right off bat and it did not disappoint.

I wannabebig!
    waiting for the crowds to die before watching inception... did you catch it on the imax?

Good to see you back hitting the iron coke, nice simple session to get things rolling again. I have been wanting to go see Inception maybe this week I will check it out.
    Success is achieved by doing a little more than you thought you could, and a lot more than anyone else.

Well put Coke! Do what you do man. Good luck with the transition. Nice workout.

I'm so happy that things are turning around for u.

Keep on keeping in my friend.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

Impressive stuff man.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoa View Post
    One thing I'd like to note here, I grew more individually within the past year than I did in the previous 2 or 3 years combined. Just goes to show that we build more character and substance during out most challenging times.
    Truth!!

Congrats on the new job coke...a year is a long time to be off. Now we just gotta get Jeff in the workforce again! Awesome back/leg work..welcome back bro.

nice leg day man, your consistency is amazing man.