Thread: Proper measuring

Hybrid View

Proper measuring

I was curious as to the proper places to measure all your body parts, and whether to flex/inhale for the random body parts. I'd like to measure arms, chest, legs, calves, and waist, but Im not sure if I should be flexing or puffing out in the case of my chest.

Thanks for any help.
    Making love to Mother Thumb and her four daughters.

Join My Odyssey

They're old enough to drive they're old enough to get driven. - VitalRemains
    Mmmmm twins. Double the pleasure double the fun, look out girls cause here I come! - VR Again
    From the pages of our Lord and Savior, Jeebus :alcoholic

I know arms and stomache.

Arms - Flexed but cold, around the largest part, but if your arm is parallel to the floor, the tape that goes around it has to be perpindicular to the floor.

Stomache - Around the naval, relaxed not flexed. Pull snug, but not tight. Don't scrunch up any fat you got that your trying to hide.

Chest I know you go around the nipple, but I don't know what you do as far as inhaling goes, and as far as lats are concerned.

Calves I imagine are the same as for arms.

Thighs, I've heard that you measure the largest part around and keep it going straight around. I've also heard that largest up to 6 inches above the knee. I don't know which it is.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

What do you mean by flexed but cold?

Join My Odyssey

Mmmmm twins. Double the pleasure double the fun, look out girls cause here I come! - VR Again

Flexed mean you tighten your muscle. Like when your showing off to your girlfriend

A cold muscle is a muscle that has not been worked out in 48 hours. Hence it lacks a pump.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

lol. i know flexed. Good one though

as for the cold part, thanks.

Join My Odyssey