Thread: WBB Workout opinion.

Wannabebig Member

WBB Workout opinion.

Why couldn't the workout be shuffled like this?

Day 1: Legs
    Day 2: Chest and Back
    Day 3: Rest
    Day 4: Shoulders, Arms

If day one is legs why would you need a day of rest if you were doing upper body the next day?

Also, anybody think that 2 sets is REALLY enough? I've seen opinions but nothing definitive.

Banned
    IMHO, a day of rest is optimal after legs because, done properly, a leg day should leave you completely knackered

Wannabebig Member
    I agree, for the LOWER body. I have done some really HARD leg exercises in all the time that I've been working out. Still, I've never felt tired in the chest from doing legs.

*BUT, when you do squats, standing calf raises, straight-legged deadlifts, you use many of the muscles in the back to stabilize/support.

and why isn't 2 sets enough? more is not always better.
    My profile picture is about 5 years old, I'll get around to taking some progress pics eventually.

Wannabebig Member
    I'm not totally disagreeing here I just want a reasoning behind it (you've provided some here).

As far as sets go I find that pyramiding is good for me. I have not framed my workout intensity with 2 sets in mind. I would have to use a ridiculous amount of weight to get super-intensity in 2 sets but I'm sure it's possible. Also, I want to have a certain amount of endurance in lifting (the ability to use strength for an extended amount of time), if that makes any sense. That's the reason I prefer 4 sets rather than 2. If anyone can provide me a better reasoning for 2 then I'll be sure to take notes.

I find leg days put a lot of stress on my back and I need that rest day afterward. I would say leg day is my hardest of the week. I've considered resting 2 days and pushing arms out to day 6, but I need that extra rest day before jumping back to chest.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

Wannabebig Member
    Great advice, Drew. That explaination was exactly what I was looking for.....