Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Iraq war - the real reason, the right reason, the moral reason, and the stated reason

MACHINE
    Originally posted by restless

It is a valid point when one wants to understand why the USA is the only country to have a flag burned every single day all over the world and why the anti american sentiment is growing so strong in so many places.
    No we are not perfect, far from it, and yes we do plenty of things wrong. We're not alone though. You have to do some stepping to step on toes. No one steps more than the U.S, so guess what, toes get stepped on. Here's something to ponder, which may also apply to this situation - the rich guy who lives in the mansion down the street would have to do a lot less to p!ss me off than would the middle-class guy next door.

Personally, I will never forgive you for your refusal to particiate in the Kyoto conference. You should be pressuring your government and your compatriots to start thinking about the damages you're doing. Do you think you all reallt need 3-4000 cc engines in your cars? Isn't the 25 % figure something you are,or should be ashamed off?
    I don't remember having the Kyoto contract in front of me to sign, but I'm sorry for what I did. I do however, really like having 280hp in my acura.
    Last edited by gino; 06-19-2003 at 01:36 PM.
    "He's the best damn rollerskater that ever lived...probably in the whole town" - Chris Pontius

If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with.

5'10" 215 lbs
    Personal Bests:
    Bench 355
    Squat 505
    Deadlift 560

Gonnabebig Member
    Originally posted by gino

I don't remember having the Kyoto contract in front of me to sign, but I'm sorry for what I did. I do however, really like having 280hp in my acura.
    off topic, but what acura do you have??? i can't think of one with 280 hp except maybe the NSX??

And I agree, a world without high-powered musclecars(even thought i don't have one yet) would be a boring world.

Jack's Utter Surprise Saturday Fever's Avatar
    Tackleberry, with regards to your post about Saddam killing people:

Please don't pretend for one second that you give a rat's ass about iraqi people.

Gonnabebig Member
    Originally posted by Saturday Fever
    Tackleberry, with regards to your post about Saddam killing people:

Please don't pretend for one second that you give a rat's ass about iraqi people.
    yada yada yada...probably a lot more than you do.

You support bombing, but you say you care about the people. You don't see the contradiction there? And I can guarantee you I care more about them than you do.

Gonnabebig Member
    Oh yeah, well I can guarantee you I care more about them than you do times infinity so that makes my internet guarantee mean more.

Simplistic
    How many Iraqi civilians were killed in the war?

Gen_chat worst nightmare
    And Tackleberry, the USA has killed a LOT MORE innocents than Saddam ever did.

Gonnabebig Member
    And Tackleberry, the USA has killed a LOT MORE innocents than Saddam ever did.
    Your proof??

Gen_chat worst nightmare
    Originally posted by Tackleberry

Your proof??
    My proof????

You must be a true master in denial.

Just open a history book and read about Vietnam, Laos, Cambodja, not even mentioning Hiroshima and Nagazaky....

Gonnabebig Member
    ahhhhh, i see senor...not in denial, I definitely can't argue that (i thought you were referring to iraqi civilians).

restless, stop saying usa that and this, europe has totally ass ****ed the world long before usa put their hands on anything, if the euro neo nazi social darwinists mother****ers didnt regard the people in the colored lands of the world as a part of the wild life, yes they actually did that, until 1950-1970 or so, maybe there wouldnt be nothing for usa to involve them selves into.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

there is so much more holocaust like stuff in the euro mans book, natives where hunted for sport in australia way into the 1900, in tasmania, they hunted them for sport way up to our time, and the natives are actually extinct there, thats the story for every colony up to 1900-the mid 1900, I think europe should shut up and try to help those ex colonies instead, instead of just giving them expired medicine.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

Gen_chat worst nightmare
    Oh, we did have our share of blood thirsty leaders. My country was heavily involved in slavery for example. And I'm sure you can find a reasonable quantity of idiots here that are completely cool about that.

But apparently 80% of the your country population just doesn't value the lifes of middle easterns enough to actually demand crtedible proof before going on a slaughtering innocents. Possibly because to them, war is just entertainment, just one more reality show. Shame on you.

Do you think you actually have the moral integrity to bring down a murderous regime that you planted there and occupy a nation against it's people will?

WMD's??

Sure, and your country is so sure he has because the following corporations sold items related to WMD to him:

A = nuclear program,
    B = bioweapons program,
    C = chemical weapons program,
    R = rocket program,
    K = conventional weapons, military logistics, supplies at the Iraqi
    Defense Ministry and the building of military plants.

US CORPORATIONS

1 Honeywell (R, K)
    2 Spectra Physics (K)
    3 Semetex (R)
    4 TI Coating (A, K)
    5 Unisys (A, K)
    6 Sperry Corp. (R, K)
    7 Tektronix (R, A)
    8 Rockwell (K)
    9 Leybold Vacuum Systems (A)
    10 Finnigan-MAT-US (A)
    11 Hewlett-Packard (A, R, K)
    12 Dupont (A)
    13 Eastman Kodak (R)
    14 American Type Culture Collection (B)
    15 Alcolac International (C)
    16 Consarc (A)
    17 Carl Zeiss - U.S (K)
    18 Cerberus (LTD) (A)
    19 Electronic Associates (R)
    20 International Computer Systems (A, R, K)
    21 Bechtel (K)
    22 EZ Logic Data Systems, Inc. (R)
    23 Canberra Industries Inc. (A)
    24 Axel Electronics Inc. (A)

Personally, I think that if you support this war, maybe you're not as guilty as the guy that pulled the trigger against that car that had 3 5 year olds in it and killed the all, but you're a part of the problem.

Simplistic
    Originally posted by Neil
    How many Iraqi civilians were killed in the war?

:withstupi

Is that counting those that didn`t need to die in the time Iraq was sanctioned or just during the US invasion?

I heard like 5000 or so in the invasion

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    How many did Saddam kill?
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

Simplistic
    Thanks Gyno, that was my next question.

Wannabebig Member
    WMDs weren't the main reason for invading Iraq. Operation Iraqi Freedom. US wanted to free Iraqis from Saddam's reign of terror. Yes it did start as a quest for WMDs but then it turn into a moral/valid reason. I think Dubya needs to worry more about N. Korea then Saddam.

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    They aren't gonna be able to answer how many did the U.S. kill vs. how many Saddam did.

It puts a rather big boo-boo on the "killing innocent people" rant.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

Gen_chat worst nightmare
    Originally posted by Gyno Rhino
    How many did Saddam kill?
    It depends on what period you are talking about, if it's around the time he was receiving direct support from the USA, then he killed many.

Trying to figure this out JohnCollins's Avatar

It depends on what period you are talking about, if it's around the time he was receiving direct support from the USA, then he killed many.
    No wonder I don't come around here much anymore.

"So you see, Gyno. Because we supported Iraq during the Iran/Iraq war in the late 80's, it's really the US that's responsible for all those folks Saddam and the Baathists tortured and killed. If you only count the number of people he tortured and killded since the US started drumming up support for the war, then the number of civilians killed by the US far outstrips that number! So, don't you see, the US is responsible for the torture and genocide in Iraq prior to the war, and the US most certainly killed more civilians than Saddam did since the start of the war. It's as plain as the nose on your face, why can't you recognize this!???"

My head is gonna explode. Gyno, give it up, there's no way you can have a reasoned discussion here. And reason is the reason. You're trying to reason (God bless your soul) and they've got the conclusion all teed up in their minds, so reasoning isn't necessary. Actually reasoning becomes damned inconvenient.
    Last edited by JohnCollins; 06-22-2003 at 08:09 AM.
    "Only two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe." --Albert Einstein

Had a good workout on my liver yesterday. Did a pretty high number of reps, but not to complete failure. Liver DOMS today is kinda bad...it has even reached my head! -- ElPietro

"If I ever found a chick who smelled like gun powder and spent cartridges, I'd run to a jewelry store, rob it, and propose to her with a sack of diamonds. " --Budiak

"I dance like a drunken white boy. I'm really screwed since I quit drinking." -- PowerManDL

Gen_chat worst nightmare
    Originally posted by JohnCollins

My head is gonna explode. Gyno, give it up, there's no way you can have a reasoned discussion here. And reason is the reason. You're trying to reason (God bless your soul) and they've got the conclusion all teed up in their minds, so reasoning isn't necessary. Actually reasoning becomes damned inconvenient.
    So enlighten us with your reasoning that justifies breaking international laws (Geneve convention) by invading a foreign nation that didn't pose a direct threath to your borders without the consent of the rest of the world, killling a few thousand innocents, going straight for the oild fields and minister while leaving hospitals, museums, schools,etc, completely unprotected (so much for your concern with their lifes uh?), and occupying Iraq even against the will of all Iraq's population. Oh, and let's not forget you didn't find any WMD's.

I'm curious to hear it.

I think I stated this way back at the beginning of the thread. Nobody here gives a rat's ass about helping the iraqi people. You were all on the prowl (you can dig up your own posts if you want to see what you wrote) that Iraq had these weapons and we were gonna die, and it's better to be safe than sorry. Now there are no weapons, so you conveniently swing your opinion around to state that you supported the war because of the poor iraqi people Saddam was killing.

You didn't care then, you don't care now, stop pretending. Stop changing your reasons. PowerMan can at least be honest. He just wanted someone to get wasted. The rest of you can't even admit that much.

Totally, dude!
    Anti-war: POO POO!
    Pro-war: PEE PEE!