The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    Originally posted by Saturday Fever
    I think I stated this way back at the beginning of the thread. Nobody here gives a rat's ass about helping the iraqi people. You were all on the prowl (you can dig up your own posts if you want to see what you wrote) that Iraq had these weapons and we were gonna die, and it's better to be safe than sorry. Now there are no weapons, so you conveniently swing your opinion around to state that you supported the war because of the poor iraqi people Saddam was killing.

You didn't care then, you don't care now, stop pretending. Stop changing your reasons. PowerMan can at least be honest. He just wanted someone to get wasted. The rest of you can't even admit that much.
    Look again at my post earlier in this thread. I'm being perfectly honest. I said I'd rather be safe than sorry, and that's exactly what happened.

I didn't "change my opinion" around on anything. If you want to use the killing of innocent civilians as an argument, I'll talk about the killing of innocents by Saddam as a retort.

No matter what you say, think, or do, my opinion still stands. So get off of it.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

Wow there are so many wrong things said in this thread I am speechless. I wouldn't even know where to start. So i'm just going to sit back and watch gyno take on all you bitches.

Gen_chat worst nightmare
    Nevermind....
    Last edited by restless; 06-23-2003 at 02:18 PM.

MACHINE
    bunch of tree-hugging hippie panzies
    "He's the best damn rollerskater that ever lived...probably in the whole town" - Chris Pontius

If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with.

5'10" 215 lbs
    Personal Bests:
    Bench 355
    Squat 505
    Deadlift 560

Haven't read any of the psots.
    I don't care. We didn't find wmd, but Sadam was definitely no friend to the US. We also did a good deed in the process.
    As unpolitically correct as it is I wanted to kick some camel jockey ass.

"As unpolitically correct as it is I wanted to kick some camel jockey ass."

Case in point.
    If the only thing you are holding is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Gen_chat worst nightmare
    Originally posted by Berserker
    Haven't read any of the psots.
    I don't care. We didn't find wmd, but Sadam was definitely no friend to the US. We also did a good deed in the process.
    As unpolitically correct as it is I wanted to kick some camel jockey ass.

I'm curious, are you proud of having kicked some under 5 year old "camel jockey ass"?? Does it make you sleep better? Did it provide some relief from whatever hatred and frustrations that might make you want to see people get killed? Or maybe you think what you see in TV is just make up stuff like what's played on movies and that guns and bombs don't actually kill people or cause unjustified suffering?? Do you only pretend to care or do you actually think on the innocent children that your tax money helped to slaughter?

Not trying to be an ass, but don't you think life should be respected? Regardless of skin color, religion, etc?
    Last edited by restless; 06-24-2003 at 01:26 PM.

MACHINE
    Folks of extreme bias, lets not exaggerate here. There were some misguided bombs and/or questionable targets that resulted in civilian deaths. Marines didn't go door-to-door with butcher knives looking for children to kill.
    "He's the best damn rollerskater that ever lived...probably in the whole town" - Chris Pontius

If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with.

5'10" 215 lbs
    Personal Bests:
    Bench 355
    Squat 505
    Deadlift 560

Berserker - As unpolitically correct as it is I wanted to kick some camel jockey ass.

This makes me sad, couldnt youve just taken the extra 4 seconds to write, I wanted to kick some terrorist and dictator ass.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

Be civil. I'm leaving this open for now, but if we can't be nice to each other when we disagree, we just won't talk about it.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Gen_chat worst nightmare
    Originally posted by gino
    Folks of extreme bias, lets not exaggerate here. There were some misguided bombs and/or questionable targets that resulted in civilian deaths. Marines didn't go door-to-door with butcher knives looking for children to kill.
    Sure, and it's totally acceptable to murder a few because it's "better safe than sorry", isn't it?

I really am extremely biased towards respecting life and human rights.

bone crusher
    today, there were some poll results taken (in the washington post) that revealed just how misinformed and uneducated people are.

1 in 4 thinks that hussein used chemical or bioweapons against our troops

in a separate poll it was found 1 in 3 thinks hussein was responsible for sept 11

"NO offence man but your people must die"

A friend of mine who is an Indian hindu had a client tell him this.

I have no doubt that a large number of people in America are just plain stupid. That's why it was so easy for Saddam to be convicted of 9/11 in the court of public opinion.
    If the only thing you are holding is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Gen_chat worst nightmare
    My problem here is how you people that support war can find justifications for killing innocents without any reason strong enough like a direct threath to your borders or lifes. There was no link between 9-11 and Iraq that couldn't be made regarding any other Islamic country, no proofs of danger towards world peace, even ONU inspectors said this. There's nothing.

I mean, in some cases war is inevitable, but being unavoidable doesn't make it right or justified, it's something that had to be done, like WW2. Now this, and 90% of the military actions iniciated by the USA, had nothing like that. I can only think of oil or possibly some zionist influences in high places in the US government, and as this last hipothesis seems a bit far fetched I'm left with the oil bit. Again, shame on you that are pro war. How can anybody be pro war? Any half decent human been should be anti war, even if he believes in the unavoidability of it and thus knows he has no choice. A decent human been should have grief in his hearth as he aproaches the battle field or watches his tax money being used to kill children, women or men on TV. Eeven with a reason, let alone without one.

Call me a pacifist. I wear that lable proudly.

There. That's where I stand on this. Have to sleep, godamned neighbours dog's woke me up 3 times last night and I'm all ****ed up.
    Last edited by restless; 06-24-2003 at 01:57 PM.

Jack's Utter Surprise Saturday Fever's Avatar
    That camel jockey bit is priceless. Speaks volumes about intelligence levels in some people. I can't believe the mods let it pass without locking the thread.

bone crusher
    i let it pass to show how unintelligent that poster is.

Frankly and unfortunately, i think that there are many people with that attitude and causes me to really worry about the future of our country and way of life.

As far as intelligent arguements it does not really matter. You just end up repeating the same thing until it degenates.
    But yes I did want a show of force in the middle east.

I forgot who said it but pacifisism is what led to the rise of the likes of Hitler and other dictators. I think around 6 million jews would disagree with you.

All this talk of Human rights this and human rights that. What about Saddam why aren;t you complaining about him and his humn rights violations? I'm sorry but you would have to be either extremely stupid or extremely politically biased to believe that America is worse than Iraq in terms of Human rights violations. I'm going to lean towards the latter or the two.

http://www.idf.il/iraq/english/info14.stm
    http://www.hrw.org/reports/world/iraq-pubs.php

The U.S. went totally out of its way to reduce collateral damage and it has shown in this war. Less collatoral damage than any war in history.

Gen_chat worst nightmare
    Originally posted by RoidRage
    I forgot who said it but pacifisism is what led to the rise of the likes of Hitler and other dictators. I think around 6 million jews would disagree with you.
    No, patriotic natiionalistic fools that support whatever actions government their might endure with the help of a little propaganda is what gets dictators in power.

All this talk of Human rights this and human rights that. What about Saddam why aren;t you complaining about him and his humn rights violations? I'm sorry but you would have to be either extremely stupid or extremely politically biased to believe that America is worse than Iraq in terms of Human rights violations. I'm going to lean towards the latter or the two.
    Who said I approved Saddam? I didn't like him when your country was giving him weapons to fight Iran and the "Soviet threat" and when you weren't having any problems with your weapons being used to exterminate curds then so although I don't like him now, what morals do you have now ? America?? Well, you still have the death penalty don't you? Who are you to talk about Human rights?

The U.S. went totally out of its way to reduce collateral damage and it has shown in this war. Less collatoral damage than any war in history.
    Sure, it was a very smalll addition to the milllions of deaths your country has already caused in Asian and middle east counties. It was very clean and polished, how nice of you, a few thousand civilian deaths. What's that for millions of oil barrels?
    Last edited by restless; 06-24-2003 at 11:37 PM.

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    Stop the condescension, now.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

This is definitely starting to stray into nothing but a pure I Hate America thread.

Find something else to bitch about.

***You know, on second thought....if everyone wants to keep it up, I'm going to start digging back into the past 500 years of history and holding your respective nations responsible for all the atrocities they've committed.
    Last edited by PowerManDL; 06-24-2003 at 11:47 PM.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

Gen_chat worst nightmare
    Originally posted by PowerManDL
    This is definitely starting to stray into nothing but a pure I Hate America thread.

Find something else to bitch about.

***You know, on second thought....if everyone wants to keep it up, I'm going to start digging back into the past 500 years of history and holding your respective nations responsible for all the atrocities they've committed.
    DO that. I have no problem with it. Europe has learned something from past mistakes. What have you?

Hey, you have no right to talk to me like that after raping Africa!

You bloody monster! How dare you even talk to me! Don't you feel any concern for all the innocents you killed????

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

Gen_chat worst nightmare

Exactly.