The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    god this thread sucks

Trying to figure this out JohnCollins's Avatar
    Originally posted by restless

I really am extremely biased towards respecting life and human rights.
    Mr. Stagg, it is SO difficult. But I'm trying!

Originally posted by RoidRage

I forgot who said it but pacifisism is what led to the rise of the likes of Hitler and other dictators. I think around 6 million jews would disagree with you.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by JohnCollins; 06-25-2003 at 04:43 AM.
    "Only two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe." --Albert Einstein

Had a good workout on my liver yesterday. Did a pretty high number of reps, but not to complete failure. Liver DOMS today is kinda bad...it has even reached my head! -- ElPietro

"If I ever found a chick who smelled like gun powder and spent cartridges, I'd run to a jewelry store, rob it, and propose to her with a sack of diamonds. " --Budiak

"I dance like a drunken white boy. I'm really screwed since I quit drinking." -- PowerManDL

The reason this thread is in an endless spin is the duality of this war.

Is it an unjust war for strategic oil interest based on fabrications and lies?

Is it a just war to liberate Iraqi people and the world from a brutal tyrant?

It is both. That is what the original post was saying and the article.

But what do we do with that? I think we learn from it.

As restless says, falling victim to government propoganda makes us sheep and gives rise to dictators and police states. Exactly how easy is it to engage in peaceful protest opposing the government these days? Why not ask Michael Moore whose DVD Bowling for Columbine had it's release forceably delayed twice due to government pressure.

All the "better safe than sorry" comments are hard evidence that many Americans have been fooled.

At the same time, pacifists should realize that international law is the law of the jungle. If America wants to get rid of Saddam for "strategic interests" then it can do so. If you really want to make a difference then you should lobby your governments to create an international law body that is functional, and has some credibility and clout.

The UN is not that organization in it's current form.
    Last edited by hemants; 06-25-2003 at 05:52 AM.
    If the only thing you are holding is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

MACHINE
    Where's my oil? I want my share of what we won over there. Maybe it's coming in the form of a tax return next year. I refuse to pay more than $.25 per gallon of gasoline, and if U.S. Marines have to go door to door and slaugter innocent Saudi-children to get that, so be it.
    "He's the best damn rollerskater that ever lived...probably in the whole town" - Chris Pontius

If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with.

5'10" 215 lbs
    Personal Bests:
    Bench 355
    Squat 505
    Deadlift 560

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    And it's over.

Start a new thread if you want a new topic.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!