The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Banned

Pull ups, push ups and running!

Hello everyone,

I have been reading your postings for a while and I found it that her eare many knowledgeable guys with very interesting and educative issues.

I have been working out for almost 4 years , doing weights and running . I do go to the Gym 4 times a week ,sometimes 5 times and work out for around an hour. I am 35 years old, 6`2`` and 190lb.

I am in good shape with a little fat on my lower abs.

I am going to change my routine for a while and start doing pull ups( I have a strong beam in my garage) push ups,sit ups and running at least 3 or 4 times a week.

How important and beneficial are the pull ups? What can you achieve by doing them on a regular basis. I can do 17 pull ups first set and 3 more sets of 10 pull ups.

How about push ups? Could you suggest a routine ,maybe?

I know the most of you guys are inot heavy body building and I hope you wont mind my questions and give me some knowledgeable input.

Thanks a lot ,

Peace and health,

Vito

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Switching to a more endurance oriented program can be beneficial if mass and top-end strength don't interest you.

Bodyweight exercises and heavy cardio work are staples of military training, and I don't think anyone would argue that they are in excellent shape. Give it a try for awhile. If nothing else, it might end up helping you out if you ever decide to do a mass or strength routine again.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

also...you didn't mention wanting to lose the fat on your abs...but if that is a goal, you will want cut your general bodyfat in order to do that.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

Banned
    I used to be in the Army for almost 4 years...I did work out 4 times a week(weights) + 4 times cardio for almost 4 years..Never managed to bulk up to much..Maybe because I used to run at least 2 or 3 miles 4 times a week or maybe because of my metabolism.

Lately ,the 1 1/2 months I have been doing HIIT( Hight Intenstiy training) ,running 45 sec full speed and 45 sec jogging.I alternate this routine for 15 min. I did this for 3 weeks and I switched to running on the inclined tread mill (8.5 %) for 45 sec by 45 sec walk. In the last 2 month I went from 200 lb to almost 188 ( just weighed today).

I also eat healthier (last 2 months) compared to my last 3 years of training when my diet was not a priority.

My upper abs are nice defined( you can even see 2 packs) but my lower abs still dont show up despite of all the running and training.

Would pull ups an push ups or sit ups help me cut down and show the lower abs?

That is my goal right now and maybe down the road I may be interested to bulk up.

I would really appreciate a good advice and maybe a regimen,

Thanks,

Vito

Peace and Health

Banned
    Hi

Please jump in and share with me your opinion!

As I said in my previous message I used to work out for almost 4 years and now I will try to do only body work with no weights(pull ups,push ups ,running and sit ups).

What do you think? AM I going to lose some muscle or I will just tone up?

Thnaks for your input.

1. Pullups will work the muscles of your back as well as your biceps so definately add them.

2. If you want to lose that last bit of fat (I'm assuming you are already quite low) then you will have to either boost your metabolism or cut your caloric intake or both. To boost your metabolism, try and do your running in the morning. To cut your caloric intake, cut out refined carbs and sugars and see what that does.

3. Most of the info you will find here is on how to get bigger and stronger but many of the same principles can help you maintain strength and lose fat.

Wannabebig Member
    im also in a bit of a dilemma......i want to bulk a little but also want a bit of endurance and strength with runnin, swimming etc.............little help?