Thread: Blue Collar Diet <----------------------

Wannabebig Member

Blue Collar Diet <----------------------

Does anyone here work a blue collar job?

My brother is working construction at an airport this summer. He spends 10-11+ hours a day doing manual labor. As you can imagine, it's difficult to eat enough quality meals as well as work out when you doing manual labor all the live long day.

What meals would you suggest for him to prepare/eat daily. Keep in mind that he does not have access to a microwave. He's an ectomorph. Right now he's 6'3" and he weighs about 175 pounds.

He's new at the body building lifestyle; I plan to take him grocery shopping this weekend to show him what to buy.

Thanks,

T

chicken, tuna, eggs, peanuts.

precook the chicken and then take it to work. hardboli the eggs and take them to work

tons of other things as well.
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble

Pretty much anything he can fit into a cooler and has time to eat. I know I would probably pack some sandwiches (chicken, pb, etc) on ww bread. Maybe some type of nuts to snack on during breaks. He could always make up a few shakes to take with him as well. I would try sticking to calorie dense foods because meals that contain a lot of bulk could leave him feeling too full and lethargic.

Perhaps Make some high calorie shakes and put them in a cooler. Throw in some protein, natty pb, some fruit, whole milk, maybe some oats.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

A guy I worked with was hardcore about his diet. Here's what he did. He'd take a 5 minute break every 3 hours and eat a couple sammitchs, usually tuna or chicken or something but if he didn't have time he kept nutrition bars handy in his cooler so he could eat one on the go while working.
    Originally posted by Gyno Rhino

I've gotten diseases from standard sex, but never from doin' the deed in front of my computer screen with Palmela.