The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beer

Hybrid View

Beer

Even though we are all into being toned, big, in good health or whatever, just curious as to how many beers (aprox.) do you consume per week?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

0, underage drinking is a no-no tuttut
    Last edited by SoulOfKoRea; 06-16-2003 at 06:15 PM.
    My profile picture is about 5 years old, I'll get around to taking some progress pics eventually.

Wannabebig Member
    Depends...I don't really come home and just "have a couple" if I am going to drink I am going to really drink and that happens probably twice a month or so and only on a Friday or Saturday.

But I guess I would "average" about 4 beers a week or something.

0 on average. I've all but quit drinking. For a myriad of reasons.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

0, too young/wouldnt do it anyway
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble

bench, deadlift & eat!!!!! Mic Soloist's Avatar
    probably about 8 on average

Usually drink 6 or so when I go out drinking and a couple here in there throughout the week sometime.

-peace-
    Current Stats

24 years old

5'10 220 pounds

Waist: 38 Shoulders 56 Chest: 47 Arms (cold): 17.5 Forearms: 13.5 Quads: 26.5 Calves: 16.5 Neck: 17.5

PR's

BB Bench: 315 @ 215
    Squats: 410 @ 205 (last winter)
    Deads 515 @ 214
    Total: 1240

My Journal:

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...&page=16&pp=25

My AIM: MSOLOIST

Intensity: Lunch comes up! And breakfast! MET- Rx! Egg whites! Hot Stuff! Designer Whey! Yohimbe! Coenzyme Q! L-Carnatine. MTCs. OKG. All immersed in a mixture of stomach acids that peels the ivory off your teeth.

Usually 6-15 drinks a night 3-5 days a week. Used to be more but I been making myself take atleast 2 days off a week. My new goal is only drinking fri through sunday and get done early on sunday. This is mainly cause of my new job and coming to this site..
    Last summer I took one day off in Aug and 2 in Sept and had little less fat then now. I was very active though.
    That is key, being active.

7-12 a night , at one point i would drink mabey 3-4 days a week. but as you can see this started to affect my life in a neg way.

but right now im trying to cut back to only one night a week. then hopfuly even less.

im underage so its a big problem for me
    6'6" 235
    Follow me on Twitter!
    My Artist page
    Creatine is Overrated Social Group
    supplements are used to supplement!!
    "why do i train so hard? so i can play harder!"
    -kobe bryant

I used to drink almost every night last night. It was hell on my wallet and my body. But then an unfortunate "accident" happened and I stopped for awhile. It started again, but no where near as bad. Maybe friday and saturday, 6-15 beer. its bad, i know.
    Making love to Mother Thumb and her four daughters.

Join My Odyssey

They're old enough to drive they're old enough to get driven. - VitalRemains
    Mmmmm twins. Double the pleasure double the fun, look out girls cause here I come! - VR Again
    From the pages of our Lord and Savior, Jeebus :alcoholic

heading to 195
    College life has me unfortunately putting down way too much alcohol in a week. Over a course of 2 days, I usually put down anywhere from 12-18.

Man, I feel so guilty for drinking

Originally posted by icanrace
    Man, I feel so guilty for drinking
    I must ask the obvious question then. Why drink? I am not trying to speak out against the evils of drinking or anything, but if something bothers you then don't do it.

With that being said a few drinks every now and then is not going to cause months of hard work to go down the drain either

Well, I just know how hard I work in the gym and then I think of drinking 6-10 beers on the weekend and I feel that it CANNOT be good on my gains. I like to suck down a few, though it still bugs me

Back in college and for a short while after graduation I was drunk more than I was sober. Now I rarely drink. I probably drink 3 or 4 times a year and 5 or 6 drinks will do me in.

You're just old now, goph. Responsibilities and whatnot.

My drinking habits vary depending on what we are doing. If we are spending a lot of time socially, I'll drink more, if we are being homebodies, I drink less.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

yeah but,

Originally posted by Paul Stagg

My drinking habits vary depending on what we are doing. If we are spending a lot of time socially, I'll drink more, if we are being homebodies, I drink less.
    does drinking 6-10 beers a week (like on a friday or Saturday) really KILL gains in the gym?

I drink more at home. I am so nervous about driving. I feel like I am getting old too. My goal is to be a weekend warrior, and not to the extent I used to.

I drink every weekend. I have been trying to cut it down to one night a weekend, but that seems to have gotten interrupted by the new group of friends that I have been hanging out with, so I have been drinking Friday, Saturday and occasionally a weekday or two. I know, I know, its bad. I could only imagine what I would look like if I didn't drink so much.
    "I will contend that, given sufficent protein and EFA's, you can get ripped on table sugar." --Lyle Mcdonald

"Not every user is the huge acne infested freak at your local gym," he said. "You'd be surprised at who your average steroid user is. He's that guy next door who has a wife, a few kids, and is taking medication to take his body beyond his genetic limitations. I'm ashamed to live in a society where men and women can have fat sucked out of their ass and injected into their lips, but when they inject a medicine that is perfectly legal in many countries, they're just considered villains." --Jeff Wilmoth

"Beer".. where?!! Saw the thread, thought i'd pop in
    I drink quite a few when i go out but it's not too often, not since taking up training 'seriously'... Let's face it, who want's a decent chest, delts, bi's and tri's if you've got a big ol beer gut going on
    I'm not moaning, i'm having an opinion.

I used to average 2-3 beers a day during the week, and about 40 beers on the weekends. Now I'm down to 1 or 2 beers during the week (sometimes none) and maybe 2-3 on Sat. or Sun.

Yup, you hit the nail on the head with that one Paul.

I drink 90 to 150 per week.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

If I do I may drink a 6 pack, a 40, or 22s of heiniken only on a friday or saterday.
    I use to drink a fith of 99 Apples "99 proof Apple Snaps" every friday but that has not happend in over like 5 months.
    Age 23 Height 5'10 weight 210 2 years complete of serious lifting.
    At 5'10" last Jan/02 I was 280 Lbs with a 44 waist.
    Now as of Dec/02 I am 210 with a 34-36 waist. A year complete 70 pounds lost now lets get big .
    Goal Deadlift 500 by summer now..
    02/10/03 405X3 425X1
    02/17/03 435X1
    02/24/03 445X1
    03/03/03 455X1
    03/10/03 455X3 "rack pull" 500X1 "rack pull MISS"
    03/17/03 405X6, "Rack Pulls 505X3, 525X1.... 555X1 Miss"
    04/14/03 465X1 verry difficult
    05/12/03 475X1 Easy!!! 500X1 Miss"real close"
    05/19/03 435X5
    06/16/03 Rack pulls 555X2, 600Xmiss
    07/14/03 500X1 GOAL ACHIEVED!!!!
    10/06/03 500X4 555X1 Miss
    10/13/03 535X1
    11/10/03 Rack pull 500X7
    GOAL for 2004 get back to a low fat% and keep it 8 -10% would be great.
    06/29 rack pull 700X3
    07/6/04 600x1 at 216
    09/6/04 600X1 at 208 Rack pull 720X3
    NEW GOAL BENCH 400 BY FEB 2005 "not sure about this one"

Wannabebig Member
    I drink at least three kegs a week with my mercury laden tuna. I figure if alcohol can kill brain cells then it will do all sorts of bad things to mercury. I mean, how else can you get your 100,000 grams of carbs in every week.

j/k Some weeks none other weeks a case. All depends on my mood. I don't worry too much about counting cals unless I'm cutting weight.
    What caused you to do that?

I don't drink or smoke or in to coke. My only addiction is the female species.
    Last edited by bradley; 06-18-2003 at 02:15 PM.