Thread: Getting too fat?

Wannabebig Member

Getting too fat?

Hellooooo. I started the WBB Routine 1, two months ago. I am trying to bulk up. In that two months I've been able to gain about 20 lbs, I'm at 172 right now. (by the way I'm around 5'10"). Anyways, I'm starting to get concerned about all the access fat I'm gaining around my stomach. I have love handles for the first time in my life! ha! I just measured my stomach tonight and its around 36 inches. (i measured the fatest section). Although there might be some bloating, most of my weight is going there. My back and legs have gotten bigger but thats it.

My goals are to achieve a Men's Health type physique and have some decent strength at the same time. I want to be able to bench at lEASt... 250 lbs and deadlift around 300 to 350. Right now I can only bench a weak 110 and deadlift around 200... (don't laugh). But it's a lot better than where I started 2 months ago. Two months ago I could only bench 70 lbs.

Anyways, should I be worrying about all that fat I'm gaining? Because I am an ectomorph with a history of being very thin so I'd imagine once I start cutting it won't be too hard to lose all this fat.

Here's my diet for most days:

-3 eggs scrambled with 2 sausages

-3 scoops N-Large2 with water (I have problems digesting milk)

-2 packs of oatmeal

-about 3 pieces of chicken and rice

-3 scoops N-Large2 with water

-2 tuna sandwiches

I take N-Large to make sure I get enough protein in my diet.

Any advice or suggestions? Should I just keep doing what I'm doing and worry about the fat later or should I change something up in my diet. Oh yea.. and right now I'm not doing any cardio.

is that the order you eat it in?

20 pounds in 2 months is pretty fast ~2 pounds a week. myabe a gain of .5-1 pounds a week would yield less fat gain.

also, you could try incorporating some cardio. take a look at HIIT.
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble

One crazy MOFO/Mail man
    dude you serious you gainned 20 lb on that diet... I eat more then that and im barely gaining if at all.... I am barley 160lbs right now.
    w00t

Wannabebig Member
    Yea... I know, it's really weird. I've always had trouble gaining weight but for some reason, I've been packing on the pounds pretty easily recently. I think the N-Large might be a big factor.

And yea, thats pretty much the order I eat it in.

Re: Getting too fat?

Originally posted by Skinnypunk
    Anyways, should I be worrying about all that fat I'm gaining?
    Well you have to expect some fat gain when bulking but it sounds as though you are just trying to gain too much too fast. Just decrease cals until you are gaining ~.51lb. per week and that should help decrease the amount of bf that you are gaining.

Here's my diet for most days:

-3 eggs scrambled with 2 sausages

-3 scoops N-Large2 with water (I have problems digesting milk)

-2 packs of oatmeal

-about 3 pieces of chicken and rice

-3 scoops N-Large2 with water

-2 tuna sandwiches

Any advice or suggestions? Should I just keep doing what I'm doing and worry about the fat later or should I change something up in my diet. Oh yea.. and right now I'm not doing any cardio. [/B]
    I would first off decrease the amount of N'Large that you are using. Might try purchasing some 100% whey and mixing that with oats or maybe use a half serving of N'Large. You could also use more EFAs in your diet. You might think about adding in some fish oil or flax oil to your diet to help boost the amount of omega 3 fatty acids (healthy fats) in your diet. You could also throw in some nuts or natty pb to help get your fat content up a bit.

I do not think cardio is necessary, but I do think it offers benefits. One of the main benefits is that it keeps your cardiovascular system in good shape

I take N-Large to make sure I get enough protein in my diet
    It looks as though you are getting plenty of protein in your diet. Just make sure that you are getting in ~1g per lb. of bodyweight which should be plenty.
    Last edited by bradley; 06-17-2003 at 03:30 AM.

Originally posted by Skinnypunk

And yea, thats pretty much the order I eat it in.
    maybe drop the sausages at breakfast and move 1 packet of oatmeal there instead. and then have some other type of protein with the other packet of oatmeal later in the day.

also, like bradley said, you could try to get some more EFA's in your diet.
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble