The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Increasing bicep thickness?

I realize that genetics play a great deal into bicep development, but what specific bicep excercises increase bicep thickness? I am pretty happy with my bicep development so far, but they could definitely use some width......Anyway, lemme know. Thanks.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

You can't make your biceps "wider", or thicker. They are only going to get thicker as they get bigger, just make your whole body bigger.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

Of the driver ilk
    Or you could just do the super between the legs overhand hammer curl.

Just squat and curl, and they will get nice and big.
    "42"

Squats and eating.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Actually, you can change the shape of them slightly and give the appearance of being thicker. Hammers and reverse curls are about the only way I know to hit the Bi in a different angle to thus reshape it slightly.

Of the driver ilk
    Originally posted by volcamp
    Actually, you can change the shape of them slightly and give the appearance of being thicker. Hammers and reverse curls are about the only way I know to hit the Bi in a different angle to thus reshape it slightly.
    BS

Paul knows what he is talking about, listen to him.
    "42"

Squats and eating will make my biceps bigger? Hmmmm

Yes.

Anything that makes all of you bigger (which squats and eating does) will make any given part of you bigger. Including your biceps.

My point is twofold:

1) If you are asking how to get your biceps 'thicker' you need to get bigger

2) worry about the basics.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Under Construction
    Stop curling so much. I see so many people in the gym spending 2 hours a day 6 days a week working arms and chest. Minimal back and leg training. You want big arms, look at what the guys with big arms are doing: squats, deads, push presses, close grip bench etc. And most of these big arms are not attached to a small body. A 130 lb kid is not going to grow 18 inch arms doing all of those fancy Flex Magazine arm routines.

Point is, grow your body by doing the big lifts. Working your back and legs hard will pack on muscle and cause your whole body to grow. You can still do isolation exercises, but stick with the big mass builders. Also, you need to eat, eat, eat.......

I know that this goes against all of the articles you read in muscle and fitness mags, but this is how it is done.
    Just one guy's opinion.

Banned
    paul is right;

HOWEVER

working on your triceps will also help to make your arm look thicker

AND

performing 'Preacher' curls and 'concentration' curls will put additional focus on the Brachialis muscle, which lies underneath the biceps brachii and a larger brachialis will contribute to 'thicker' looking arms.

HOWEVER AGAIN,

unless you're quite big and quite lean already, you probably don't need to worry about isolating the brachialis... just do as paul says.