The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Military, navy seals, etc.

An older friend of mine (not that old maybe 25 or so) said that in a few months his navy seal training he gained 16 pounds of lean tissue and his bodyfat level dropped to 9% from about 18%!. This is not hard to believe because i know a few army rangers who had similar results and they're training is less intense. What i do know is that they work their ass off all day every day with cardio and calisthenics. no pumping iron. This is obviously against the popular train one bodypart a week, eat perfect, and rest most the time principle, and yet they yield very impressive results. Why do you think this is? Diet? secret energy hidden in their meals? magic? WTF?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I think they get results the same way someone with a really physical job does. The body responds to the stress that is put on it. Either it grows or dwindles under the stress. Since not many people finish Special Forces training I assume the ones that do are the ones who grew. Just like if 2 people start a construction job. The one that adjusts to the job will stick around. The one who just keeps feeling more beat up usually quits. So I guess part of the secret is also genetic. Your body has to be able to adapt to that kind of stress to begin with.
    My Journal
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,...Cuz I'm the baddest motherf***er in the valley!
    "The wait in the dressing room before a boxing match --that last hour -- would be enough to strip a man that never boxed before of whatever Pride, Desire, and Heart he THOUGHT he had" -John Scully
    "It takes no effort to be ordinary. Ordinary is not even a challenge. You can do nothing and be ordinary."- Bernard Hopkins

Well, my dad was a Ranger and threw discus at a competitive level in high school/college, and so was pretty big going into the army. Coming out, he said he might have lost a little bit of BF, but he also lost a lot of muscle. According to him, the biggest thing that training in the army, and especially Ranger training does for you is let you be mentally prepared to push yourself to your body's limits (and of course the skill training)

bench, deadlift & eat!!!!! Mic Soloist's Avatar
    I know a few guys in the Navy and they are cut as fukk, but pretty damn skinny. That is a good thing and a bad thing depending on your goals.

-peace-
    Current Stats

24 years old

5'10 220 pounds

Waist: 38 Shoulders 56 Chest: 47 Arms (cold): 17.5 Forearms: 13.5 Quads: 26.5 Calves: 16.5 Neck: 17.5

PR's

BB Bench: 315 @ 215
    Squats: 410 @ 205 (last winter)
    Deads 515 @ 214
    Total: 1240

My Journal:

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...&page=16&pp=25

My AIM: MSOLOIST

Intensity: Lunch comes up! And breakfast! MET- Rx! Egg whites! Hot Stuff! Designer Whey! Yohimbe! Coenzyme Q! L-Carnatine. MTCs. OKG. All immersed in a mixture of stomach acids that peels the ivory off your teeth.

Low bodyfat can be a detriment in a marine environment. You're less bouyant and less insulated. Though, there were a few ladies I wouldn't go out with because they were a little too "insulated".
    The Gods taught us to forge Iron so that we would not be slaves-----old Germanic saying

buy a chin up bar, sell the arm curl bar---Roddy

/\ lol.

"insulated"

*wipes tear from eye*
    Making love to Mother Thumb and her four daughters.

Join My Odyssey

They're old enough to drive they're old enough to get driven. - VitalRemains
    Mmmmm twins. Double the pleasure double the fun, look out girls cause here I come! - VR Again
    From the pages of our Lord and Savior, Jeebus :alcoholic