The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

tuna in the pouch > canned tuna

I don't eat the canned sh|t anymore and have become addicted to the "no drain pouch". Just wondering if everyone has tried this ?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I have tried it, but it is too expensive IMO.
    "I will contend that, given sufficent protein and EFA's, you can get ripped on table sugar." --Lyle Mcdonald

"Not every user is the huge acne infested freak at your local gym," he said. "You'd be surprised at who your average steroid user is. He's that guy next door who has a wife, a few kids, and is taking medication to take his body beyond his genetic limitations. I'm ashamed to live in a society where men and women can have fat sucked out of their ass and injected into their lips, but when they inject a medicine that is perfectly legal in many countries, they're just considered villains." --Jeff Wilmoth

It tastes great, even when eating it by itself, but like Ace said, it is too expensive. Plus the tuna I like to eat is the Tuna in water only with no salt (just tuna and water as the ingredient). I haven't seen that one in the pouches yet. Usually all I can find are the plain (with salt) and flavored types.

is it basically the same stuff? just already drained?
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble

I like it...not any more than i like the canned stuff, but its easy. I would agree that it is WAY too expensive.
    The world acording to prune

If you can't be a good example, at least be a terrible warning.

Originally posted by GhettoSmurf
    is it basically the same stuff? just already drained?
    Yes, it is the same product, but since it is vacuum packed it has a firmer texture than the canned tuna. It is a good product but I agree that it is too expensive compared to the canned tuna.

Way below radar
    Somewhere between cognitive dissonance and the egocentric dilemma
    I agree...the pouch is convenient but I'm not willing to pay extra just for the fancy packaging. Otherwise, it's the same stuff.

I could give all to Time except - except
    What I myself have held. But why declare
    The things forbidden that while the Customs slept
    I have crossed to Safety with? For I am There,
    And what I would not part with I have kept.

--Robert Frost

Originally posted by IceRgrrl
    I agree...the pouch is convenient but I'm not willing to pay extra just for the fancy packaging. Otherwise, it's the same stuff.

an extra dollar a tuna packet is not worth it just to drain it into the sink...
    "Don't take life too serious, you'll never get out alive."-Van Wilder

Much better, but for the volume the average WBB member consumes, way too expensive.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

I have absolutely no trouble draining my tuna -- I just open the can a little, and squeeze the can slightly as it drains. Then I open it the rest of the way. I was tempted by the pouches too, but I'm on a very strict budget.

you cheap fawks, j/k. I agree with the cost issue, tuna consumption of most people on here would make it WAY to expensive. I buy the ALBACORE and not the tuna. I think that it is great. I buy it in bulk at a wholesale club where it is much cheaper than at the stores. I find that tuna in the can seems like a lesser grade for some reason. Maybe I have just fell for the pretty pouch packaging !!!!!!

I also buy white albacore, and I also agree that the pouch is fresher and tastes better, firmer texture, etc.

Furthermore, I agree with everyone who said it's overpriced and the cost outweighs the benefit.

*Cracks open a can o' Bumble Bee*
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

Big Brat
    I've been walking past those pouches for ages, I'm scared if I try it I'll get addicted...that will result in a costy issue!!

FOr people who just cannot take the taste of tuna like me without puking i would reccomend. THe price is not that much more. Little bit less then double true, but Tuna is cheap anyways. I paid $1.59 for a pouch. Tuna if you get at reqular price is $1.00 a can. FOr me the taste of the bagged tuna outweighs the cost. It is much firmer and seems fresher and does not have that awful smell that makes me gag. For all who can take tuna though your better off with the cans.

Big Brat
    I tried this today after reading this post, and I had a can of tuna with it I think they tasted exactly the same, its all in your mind!!!!!!!