The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig New Member

Power clean + squat?

What muscles does power clean work? Should i do them on the same day I do squat and other leg work?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Powerclean will work a great many musclegroups. Olympic lifts are sometimes difficult to incorporate into a traditional weight training routine, as it can interfere with your other days. You would be working your quads, gluets, hamstrings, entire posterior chain, abs, traps, and possibly shoulders depending on how you do them. It is a very technical lift, and if you are doing it to either just get stronger, or get bigger, I'd probably say don't do em. Just do some speed squats.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

You can do these same exercises on the same day as they do compliment each other....

As an example, I do Cleans and Press and squats on the same day. I'll do Cleans first to do a warmup then go into squats then heavy front squats or Stiff Legs (depending on what cycle).

But as ElPietro said...Cleans are technical and you should be careful if you're going to use them for two reasons. 1) you could seriously mess your back up if your technique sucks and 2) they do work out a number of bodyparts so if you're doing a more 'bodybuilding' type routine then you might have to rearrage bodyparts to make sure you get good rest!

Good luck!

Cleans really work my traps, so I do em on the day I do shrugs and I've seen lots of results....

But if you're gonna do cleans, start with like the bar, and perfect your form before you start putting on the weight. My friend was doing cleans with weights for awhile with wrong form, and his wrist got ****ed up.
    I am cool beyond all natural explanation.

depends on how heavy they are... if you feel your legs working real hard(as they would if it was very heavy), do it on squat day, otherwise, you will prob feel it alot more in your traps, so do them when ever you work them
    hmmmmmmm... will i ever be big enough?

Age- 17
    Height- 5'10"
    Weight- 160

RAW lifts
    Bench- 225(1)
    Deadlift-350(1)
    Squat-285(1)

Toughest Man in the World Bruise Brubaker's Avatar
    I can see problems if one practices his cleans by doing them with the bars. I think it would be too easy to reverse curl or upright row the weight instead of using the right muscles, and the bar will move so fast that it will be hard to really be sure that your form is correct.

I'd like to know what trainers make the olympic lifting beginners do.