The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

What is everyone's opinion on cardio on lifting days?

Yay or nay?
    And how much cardio is enough for someone cutting? 3 days? I know cardio is beneficial for making a calorie deficit, but I have no problem doing that without cardio. I'm looking to cardio for an increased metabolism. That being said...is 3 times a week good on my off days? Oh and by the way. I positively cannot do cardio in the morning if someone is going to suggest that. I lift at lunch and do cardio at night.
    thanks
    Last edited by Stabber; 06-23-2003 at 12:25 PM.
    Something has been taken from deep inside of me
    The secret Iíve kept locked away no one can ever see
    Wounds so deep they never show they never go away
    Like moving pictures in my head for years and years theyíve played

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Back in the game
    if i gotta do cardio, do it after workout.
    Lordy,Lordy.
    Wont mind hanging out the back of that- Paddy.

There is a miracle supplement its called 110%
    Hardwork that is..........- Peter Parker

Your workouts are only limited cos of your imagination- Peter Parker

No movie makes me Question my own sexuality quite like this one - Gyno Rhino

Its my understanding that its best done on off days from lifting but if you have to do it on lifting days then do it after lifting and not before. Beyond that I don't know because I hate cardio and refuse to do it.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

3 times a week on off days is fine. Especially if you can already make a deficite without it.
    My Journal
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,...Cuz I'm the baddest motherf***er in the valley!
    "The wait in the dressing room before a boxing match --that last hour -- would be enough to strip a man that never boxed before of whatever Pride, Desire, and Heart he THOUGHT he had" -John Scully
    "It takes no effort to be ordinary. Ordinary is not even a challenge. You can do nothing and be ordinary."- Bernard Hopkins

Jack's Utter Surprise Saturday Fever's Avatar
    Cardio is horrible. I recommend never doing it unless you're extremely overweight. Losing weight is just like gaining weight. You adjust your diet and overall workout volume. Don't waste valuable energy on a device that makes you run for an hour and never get anywhere.

i think cardio is fine on workout days, but i'd try to do one in the morning, and then the other in the afternoon/evening.
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble

Originally posted by Saturday Fever
    Cardio is horrible. I recommend never doing it unless you're extremely overweight. Losing weight is just like gaining weight. You adjust your diet and overall workout volume. Don't waste valuable energy on a device that makes you run for an hour and never get anywhere.
    That pretty much sums up how I feel. I've never done cardio in the last five years and don't have any trouble cutting by solely adjusting my diet.
    5-9 170

Calfless
    i hate cardio...but i find that when i do it i feel a lot better....Endorphin high or some bull****.....i recommend to do it in the morning....i lift and do cardio in the same day...i find that what works best for me is to just do cardio in the morning and then go back to the gym to lift later in the evening....