The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Need some help/ideas for going on vacation.

Ok, well me and a group of people are leaving June 29 to a music festival called Cornerstone. Its basically like woodstock (camping out, no electricity, gone for a week, HOT, dry, etc) but with Christian music.

The food that the group of people im going with is planning on bring isnt exactly "healthy" Basically donuts, macaroni and cheese, hotdogs, etc.

can anyone help me think of a list of some things ill be able to bring and prepare for myself so i can at least eat reasonably healthy when possible.

so far i have:
    -peanuts
    -oatmeal (i will be able to boil water)
    -wheat bread
    (what else??? )
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

just relax and enjoy yourself

Well if the festival is by a river you can catch fish and eat them.

Originally posted by unshift
    just relax and enjoy yourself
    you see, that's what i want to do.

but i mean, if i end up coming back home from the vacation, and weigh myself, and find out that i lost a pound or 2. that wil just tick me off.

can someone give me some tips?

im currently bulking. i will be outside and very active. should i still try to eat 3000+ calories even though it might not all be "clean" foods?
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble

forget about lifting and everything and just have a good time. a week off won't hurt you

I've been to Cstone a few times. There is a stand set up there that sells ostrich burgers. Ostrich = one of the best types of meat, ever. Tons of protein, very low fat. Get those.

Originally posted by fuzz
    I've been to Cstone a few times. There is a stand set up there that sells ostrich burgers. Ostrich = one of the best types of meat, ever. Tons of protein, very low fat. Get those.
    are you planning on going this year?

yeah, ill have to check out that stand. i also know that they have had a subway stand as well last year. maybe ill get lucky and they will have that there again as well.

Tuna doesn't have to be refrigirated, also corned beed hash. The tuna in the pouch is ideal for this situation. Don't even need an opener. Albacore is good if you don't ,ind the extra $.

I agree enjoy yourself, just use a little moderation. Don't eat all the donuts.

Gonnabebig Member JuniorMint6669's Avatar
    10 cans of tuna, can opener, box of reduced fat triscuits, carrots, broccoli, salsa (salsa+tuna+ww bread=)

jiff's PB may not be natty, but it doesnt have to be refridgerated

not sure if there is anyplace around there where you could get ice, if there was, just bring an ice chest and problem solved.

No I doubt it. If anything I'd drive down for the weekend of it, but I don't think I can afford it.

Every year I went there was pretty much the same food vendors, so I'm sure subway will be there again.

Also, you can get the old standby at the grocery tent - milk.

Originally posted by GhettoSmurf

are you planning on going this year?

yeah, ill have to check out that stand. i also know that they have had a subway stand as well last year. maybe ill get lucky and they will have that there again as well.

ok well from the advice ive been seeing on vacations, and what people have been telling me on this board, i plan on just relaxinging while on this week vacation from lifting and being at CStone.

should i not get all freaked out if i dont eat every 2-3 hours? and just eat when im hungry, and try to keep as much of it clean as i can (even though ill be with a lot of other people).

will it hurt the gains ive made in the gym by much?

i plan on bringing some wheat bread and lunch meat so i can at least make myself a sandwhich if they group im with is having a "not so great" lunch or somthing. and i plan on sticking to water and no pop or anything. does that sound alright?

Originally posted by GhettoSmurf
    should i not get all freaked out if i dont eat every 2-3 hours? and just eat when im hungry, and try to keep as much of it clean as i can (even though ill be with a lot of other people).
    Just make sure that you eat some breakfast and something before bed and you should be fine. I would not worry about eating every 2-3 hours.

will it hurt the gains ive made in the gym by much?
    A week away fromt they gym will not negate months of hard work in the gym. The time off will probably be more beneficial than harmful.

i plan on bringing some wheat bread and lunch meat so i can at least make myself a sandwhich if they group im with is having a "not so great" lunch or somthing. and i plan on sticking to water and no pop or anything. does that sound alright?
    Sounds like a plan

protein shakes, mrps,
    ...watch me reap of what I sow....

and BOOM goes the dynomite!