Thread: I think the WSB prgram is working for me

I think the WSB prgram is working for me

I definitely feel like I am getting stronger. When I first started speed bench about 6-8 weeks ago it always felt awful. I was just going with 225 for 8x3. Yesterday I went 225 for 3x3, 275 for 3x3, and 315x3. All felt very good and explosive. After that I worked up to 405x5 on seated overhead presses on the smith machine.

I can't wait until my test bench day on 4/21. I am only flat benching once a month on ME days now. Damn I miss it, but I get super pumped when I get to do it.

Yeah, WS added a good 100lbs to my sqaut within around 8 months or so. I love the principals, its taken me a while but I finally get it LOL.

Wow! I can't wait to see your bench numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    I definitely feel like I am getting stronger. When I first started speed bench about 6-8 weeks ago it always felt awful. I was just going with 225 for 8x3. Yesterday I went 225 for 3x3, 275 for 3x3, and 315x3. All felt very good and explosive. After that I worked up to 405x5 on seated overhead presses on the smith machine.

I can't wait until my test bench day on 4/21. I am only flat benching once a month on ME days now. Damn I miss it, but I get super pumped when I get to do it.
    Good stuff man. Once I used the Westside template I never looked back.

Banned
    Rock on big fella. Glad to hear speed bench is coming around. I know we talked about that a lot. Good stuff. See ya Friday. SFW!

Keep us posted. I did speed bench a few years back and it killed my joints. I then started a modified MM and and felt better. Maybe I will give speed benching a try again this summer.

Good luck.
    pain is inevitable suffering is optional

www.ryanopower.com

http://www.prowriststraps.com

I LOVE Westside.

Only reason why I'm off it right now is I can't get to the gym on Tuesdays/Thursdays and my splits would be screwed up. I'm anal about splits and can't have odd days off inbetween.

Congrats on the success with Westside. I have a feeling that come May 22nd (the day I get back from my Florida vacation) I'll be right back on WSB.
    "Donít fall for the crap that people are peddling on message boards, in magazines or on TV. Get your **** in order, and get your training in order. Start kicking ass, and take out the crap that doesnít matter. Start doing and believing in the stuff that works, and do it today and forever. You want science and studies? **** you. Iíve got scars and blood and vomit."
    Jim Wendler, 531 Method