Thread: HIIT Training Help

Wannabebig Member

HIIT Training Help

This is where I am at right now:

I want to cut down the body fat. I am 5'9" and 150lbs. Do I just do this HIIT routine: http://www.musclemedia.com/training/hiit.asp? Will that be too much for me, or is it just right?

I thought about changing that from sprinting 30 seconds to resting 10 seconds, and doing 4 sets a day of that for a week, 8 the next, and 12, and keep going.

Any advice?
    Last edited by Jagarus; 07-18-2004 at 06:44 PM.

HIIT is really simple. walk/jog for ~2 minutes to warm up, then sprint balls to the wall for as long as you can, then slow down and rest until you can do it again. repeat the process until you feel you've gotten a good workout and are very tired.

get the timing notion out of your head... when you're doing DLs, do you say "i'm going to do 8 DLs in 25 seconds"? hopefully not. just go by how you feel and not by the clock, just make sure you go ALL OUT and you'll do fine... although if you're doing it right, you generally shouldn't be able to go for more than 20 minutes. good luck!

bone crusher
    i'm actually interested in this approach. it has been discussed in detail in an o;der thread... you can search HIIT
    I may incorperate something like this in my next cut

Somebody without a decent conditioning base shouldn't jump right into HIIT, IMO.

A period to condition the cardiovascular system, muscles, and connective tissues to it would be wise.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

Wannabebig Member
    BTW, does drinking 2 cups of lowfat chocolate milk add alot of fat?

I used to drink 2 cups at night as a midnight snack.:alcoholic

Gonnabebig Member JuniorMint6669's Avatar
    How many calories does it have? 2 cups probably = 300 calories. 3500 calories= 1 pound. So if you could have lived without it, it hypothetically could have added weight at a rate of 31 pounds per year. Now this is all BS because that would mean you would be a lean 120 pounds right now without drinking that CocoaMooMooJuice, and for your sake I hope that isnt true, because im sure you would be very depressed reading it. But anyways, I think my point was calories are calories, and eating extra calories will add extra weight, in the fashion I outlined above!

Wannabebig Member
    I started HIIT, and man is it working! My muscles are sore as hell. I did the 4 minute workout. Should I just do this for the first week?

Aside from HIIT, should I just jump vertically as fast as I can? (I cant do jump ropes, I fall ). I am doing about 500 jumps in the evening, with 20 second breaks at every 50th jump. My heart rate is at about 140-160 when doing these jumps.

Will 1500 calories a day be enough for me?
    Last edited by Jagarus; 06-30-2003 at 03:14 PM.

Wannabebig Member
    BTW, is this an accurate bodyfat calculator? - http://nhlbisupport.com/bmi/bmicalc.htm

Wannabebig Member
    lol absolutely not... it says im almost obese yet i have a visible six pack

Wannabebig Member
    God damn. Thats what I used to calculate my bodyfat.

What would be an accurate way to measure it?

Wannabebig Member
    LOL yeah Iím a fatty too according to that at 6' 2" and 195!! Get some calipers and learn how to use them.

Judging from your pictures I would put you at 20 - 24% BF. Which will put you at 112-118lbs of lean body mass. If your goal is to lose weight I would eat about 1600 calories a day spread out between 5-6 meals. Get 40% of your calories from Protein, 30% from Carbs and 30% from fats.

Make sure you are hitting the weights focusing on large compound movements like Bench press, squats, dead lifts, military presses, dips, and bar bell curls. On your off days continue doing your HIIT. Make sure your getting plenty of sleep to combat over training. Drink LOTS of water!!!!!

So get your diet in check and stay motivated and the fat will fade away!

For sure do not drink the milk that late! Or any milk IMO. I'm very anti dairy....it makes me fart a lot.

Goose