Thread: Info on working out neck PLEASE! high reps low reps and how often??

Wannabebig Member

Info on working out neck PLEASE! high reps low reps and how often??

hey i want my neck to get a little bigger and i know the excercises but i dont know what kind of weight i should use and if i should go heavy or light, and should i train it once twice or 3 times a week? thanks for the info-

i'd say HEAVY shrugs
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble

I say you should pyramid up. Do light sets of shrugs maybe 25 reps, then add weight till you can do 15 reps, 12, 9, etc. till you cant do anymore.
    "Train hard and never look back."

If you are going to work neck I`d say go high reps as heavy weight can pull muscles even if you are properly warmed up.I use a 4-way neck machine and started going heavier as I got stronger and couldn`t turn my head for days.Work it twice a week ,if you aren`t satisfied with the results try 3x weekly or another split(experiment)Ideally your neck,biceps ,and calves should all measure approximately 1 inch of each other for best proportion.