Thread: Cardio + weight training = ?

Hybrid View

Wannabebig Member

Cardio + weight training = ?

Hello all.
    I've recently been going on a reading spree and printing a bunch of WBB articles, and after reading "how to outsmart your fat cells" part 1 & 2, and "Want to get big?" (Not sure about the title, the one that imforms you to eat more to be bigger). It didn't add up to me, If I want to get big, why would I eat more just to burn it off?

Because I want to get rid of my small gut, and I don't want to stay the same size, do I have to lose the weight before I bulk up?

if you eat more of the right kind of food then you should be mostly gaining lean muscles and some fat. A growing body also needs more food, otherwise their wouldnt be enough nutrients to support the extra muscle. if you eat just about anything then you are most likely going to gain more fat, which you would have to work off.

Wannabebig Member
    Also: What is this thing they call resistance training?

Re Read the articles.

For the most part, getting leaner and getting bigger don't happen at the same time.

Resistance training = training with weights (resistance)
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.