Thread: Forearms

Wannabebig Member

Forearms

I got some 20lbs dumbbells. What exercises can I do at home to build my forearms?

Here is what I came up with:

Seated Dumbbell Palms-Up Wrist Curl
    2x10, each arm

Seated One-Arm Dumbbell Palms-Down Wrist Curl
    2x10, each arm

Standing Dumbbell Reverse Curl
    2x10, each arm

Muscle growth is very much a full body thing. what else are you doing? i take it your not training only your forearms

Wannabebig Member
    Right now, im just doing HIIT to cut the body fat.

forearms are hard to train on some people (like me). Grab an ezcurl bar. Start off with 20 pounds. Let the bar roll to the ends of your fingers, roll it back in your hand...then curl with your *wrists*. You should feel the burn in your forearms.

Nothing else is working for me but this
    Last edited by Stabber; 07-02-2003 at 03:44 PM.
    Something has been taken from deep inside of me
    The secret I’ve kept locked away no one can ever see
    Wounds so deep they never show they never go away
    Like moving pictures in my head for years and years they’ve played

I realize it is one of those forbidden devices but the Forearm Blaster worked great for me. However, when it comes to my calves and forearms I am one of those people that can develop them real easily. I am Popeye the sailor man! Toot! toot!

after doing seated rows or rows i get this one hell of a freakish pump in my forearms. maybe you could try that.

Static holds are good... But since you only have 20lb dbs, you could try doing some chinups. Chinups gave me pretty good forearms for my age etc.
    "I'm gonna die with a dumbell in my hand." - stpatrick44

Age: 18 | Height: 5'10" | Weight: 80kgs (176lbs) | BF%: dunno
    --
    BB Bench 1 x 110kgs (242lbs) | Deadlift: 135kgs (300lbs) x 2 | Current Routine: Bodybuilding

Kneel in on the side of your bench and lay your arm arcoss the pad. Lock it in with your body. Do wrist curls and reverse wrist curls. But your gonna need more weight. Maybe not starting out on the reverse wrist curl. But your gonna need more weight for everything anyways

Originally posted by ChrisH
    Static holds are good...
    what IS a static hold? i googled and found nothing.

i'm looking to train my forearms because i need to use straps when i DL and shrug and whatnot. i can't go without because they really tear up my wrists and being a computer programmer, i have carpal tunnel anyway

Of the driver ilk
    Gradually work into working the forearms directly. I did not, and now have inflammation of my tendons (its either that or cancer), due to stressing them so much all at once. So ease into it.
    "42"

Try doing False Reverse Grip Curls. That's where you keep your thumb on the same side as the rest of your fingers, palms down and curl. It helped my grip a lot.
    My Journal
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,...Cuz I'm the baddest motherf***er in the valley!
    "The wait in the dressing room before a boxing match --that last hour -- would be enough to strip a man that never boxed before of whatever Pride, Desire, and Heart he THOUGHT he had" -John Scully
    "It takes no effort to be ordinary. Ordinary is not even a challenge. You can do nothing and be ordinary."- Bernard Hopkins

I would increase the number of reps you're doing per set. Forearms get a workout day in and day out so you really need to exert them vigorously. I would add a third set (eventually a fourth) and go to failure on your last set of your final exercise.
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial